jack773

Honorable
Aug 12, 2012
Ok so heres the problem. My pc keeps restarting but only when playing my game. (ddo)

I Started the computer and left it running for a couple hours in bios and nothing. So I figure it couldn't be hardware.

Then I started the computer up and opened a bunch of video's all playing. Some 720 other 360, and I left it going like that for a couple hours. Nothing.

Then I bring up the game and I run it, playing and then clear as day reboot like 20 minutes in or so.

Now this never happened before I formatted the HDD so i'm thinking it's prolly a driver problem with maybe the video card. (nvidia geforce 7900gt) I thought I had the right driver in so I went back to the site and even did the scan and it couldn't give me a video driver but it did have one for nforce im thinking thats the drivers on the mobo (abit NF-m2sv)

So after installing those I start the game up and then this time a blue screen pops up momentarily before the the reboot. (Ya fun stuff) But I can't scan it fast enough before it vanishes in the reboot to see whats written on it.

So any suggestions? Anyone know of some stable drivers for the card?

Oh also forgot I thought it could be maybe the card was overheating, but I ran a program to moniter the temp while gaming and it never went past 56c It was always around 53 to 55.

Daerio

Honorable
Aug 21, 2012

You shouldn't have a shutdown from overheating unless it goes over ~100 Celsius, but are you watching the heat on both your GPU and CPU? I feel like overheating is the most probable suspect.

It could be a driver instability, or an instability with the game itself, or something else. I wouldn't depend on those "we'll scan your computer for latest drivers" type programs, manually find and install the most recent drivers, and I'd probably make sure windows was updated as well, once you rule out overheating. Past that, I would try to see if anyone else is having that problem with that game, specifically - probably on the DDO tech forums.

jack773

Honorable
Aug 12, 2012
the cpu temp is the shame as it was before. stays about 65c during gaming. I use core temp to watch it. Fan goes at around 3200 rpm.

I did a system restore back before most of the driver upgrades, and and it was fine for a coupe, hour game session. I quit, worked on some stuff, came back and then 15 minutes in I get a quick reboot. Only this time its back to no blue screen just a flash to black like I hit the restart button.

jack773

Honorable
Aug 12, 2012
Well it started up again. So after trying to use windows failed dump tool, I installed another program to have a look inside the folder where errors are written in after enabling it in the system.

Realtek HD sound driver causing kernal errors. So I deleted the audio drives and hasn't tanked yet.

jack773

Honorable
Aug 12, 2012
naw I checked it already left it run while I was out. memorys fine. So is the HDD. But once I deleted the sound drivers not a single flicker in restars. I honestly never would have thought an audio driver could so that with a game.