Sign in with
Your question

Thermaltake?

Last response: in Components
February 27, 2013 8:22:18 AM

why do people hate thermaltake PSUs???

More about : thermaltake

February 27, 2013 8:34:44 AM

Reliability. I bought one a few years ago, had a five-year warranty but died after six months.
m
l
February 27, 2013 8:39:16 AM

ya alot of guys are biased against them cuz they USED to put out crap psu's with no efficiency ratings

but now there are 1 or 2 types of thermaltake that are good...specificaklly their 80+ gold series that are used for servers and rendering computers.

but as a gaming psu i still dont recommend them....their tr2 psu's are terrible
m
l
Related resources
a b ) Power supply
February 27, 2013 3:21:02 PM

dishonesty

at one point they were exposed by sending 1 model of a unit for testing but a totally different (read as crap) unit to the retail market
m
l
February 27, 2013 3:49:46 PM

ARICH5 said:
ya alot of guys are biased against them cuz they USED to put out crap psu's with no efficiency ratings

but now there are 1 or 2 types of thermaltake that are good...specificaklly their 80+ gold series that are used for servers and rendering computers.

but as a gaming psu i still dont recommend them....their tr2 psu's are terrible

I agree with this fella since I'm running an 80+ Bronze (supposedly Silver, but Tt had it downgraded) Toughpower XT 675 PSU. I got it since it was getting agreeable reviews across the board and is readily available in my country. I would have gotten something better, just for the peace of mind, but the model i wanted wasn't at the store so I had to resort to the Tt Toughpower XT. Anyway, it has yet to fail me.
m
l
July 16, 2014 1:58:09 AM

DV2 said:
I actually own a Toughpower (This one http://hardzone.es/thermaltake-toughpower-700w-psu/ )

Now they've released this one http://www.thermaltake.com/products-model.aspx?id=C_000...

Is it a safe bet to upgrade to that?, not just because of the extra 50W but for the 80+GOLD , flat cable modular and Haswell Ready..mine (the 1st linked above) is still alive n kicking for more than 4-6 years

I personally have a TT PSU and has been doing great. Mines modular which makes for really easy cable management. If having the PSU modular and high efficiency rating is important to you, get it. Personally, if your current PSU has no issues, I wouldn't upgrade.

~Scuderia980

m
l
July 16, 2014 3:37:18 AM

Scuderia980 said:
DV2 said:
I actually own a Toughpower (This one http://hardzone.es/thermaltake-toughpower-700w-psu/ )

Now they've released this one http://www.thermaltake.com/products-model.aspx?id=C_000...

Is it a safe bet to upgrade to that?, not just because of the extra 50W but for the 80+GOLD , flat cable modular and Haswell Ready..mine (the 1st linked above) is still alive n kicking for more than 4-6 years

I personally have a TT PSU and has been doing great. Mines modular which makes for really easy cable management. If having the PSU modular and high efficiency rating is important to you, get it. Personally, if your current PSU has no issues, I wouldn't upgrade.

~Scuderia980

In the end,2-3 months ago,i've finally upgraded my PSU...CORSAIR AX860, Fully Modular, 80+PLATINUM and 860W with great Amperes (or something)...NO coil whine nor any shutdown issues since day of buying.

Worth Quality/Price
m
l
July 16, 2014 11:25:58 PM

Happy for you man. OP please choose best answer if question has been answered as this is kinda old....

~Scuderia980
m
l
July 17, 2014 3:31:13 AM

How do i do that?,i'm using a google account and i don't see the best answer thing in my own comment...i think..
m
l
July 17, 2014 11:28:12 PM

DV THE FOX said:
How do i do that?,i'm using a google account and i don't see the best answer thing in my own comment...i think..

Maybe try sign in again, or use a different account? For me the best answer button usually shows up under everyones post.

~Scuderia980
m
l
July 18, 2014 9:12:23 AM

This is my other account but i can't see any green button nor anything regarding "Best Answer"... Just "Submit Your Answer, Post An Answer, Ask The community"
m
l
!