Sign in with
Your question

Thermaltake?

Last response: in Components
February 27, 2013 8:22:18 AM

why do people hate thermaltake PSUs???

More about : thermaltake

February 27, 2013 8:34:44 AM

Reliability. I bought one a few years ago, had a five-year warranty but died after six months.
February 27, 2013 8:39:16 AM

ya alot of guys are biased against them cuz they USED to put out crap psu's with no efficiency ratings

but now there are 1 or 2 types of thermaltake that are good...specificaklly their 80+ gold series that are used for servers and rendering computers.

but as a gaming psu i still dont recommend them....their tr2 psu's are terrible
Related resources
a b ) Power supply
February 27, 2013 3:21:02 PM

dishonesty

at one point they were exposed by sending 1 model of a unit for testing but a totally different (read as crap) unit to the retail market
February 27, 2013 3:49:46 PM

ARICH5 said:
ya alot of guys are biased against them cuz they USED to put out crap psu's with no efficiency ratings

but now there are 1 or 2 types of thermaltake that are good...specificaklly their 80+ gold series that are used for servers and rendering computers.

but as a gaming psu i still dont recommend them....their tr2 psu's are terrible

I agree with this fella since I'm running an 80+ Bronze (supposedly Silver, but Tt had it downgraded) Toughpower XT 675 PSU. I got it since it was getting agreeable reviews across the board and is readily available in my country. I would have gotten something better, just for the peace of mind, but the model i wanted wasn't at the store so I had to resort to the Tt Toughpower XT. Anyway, it has yet to fail me.
!