Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Dell Precision 490 power supply > 750W

Last response: in Components
Share
February 27, 2013 8:22:58 AM

Hi,
Does anyone know if there's a power supply which will fit a Dell Precision 490 which supplies more the standard power supplies' 750W?
I'm a little too close to the current 750W limit for comfort at the moment!
Cheers,
Tim
a b ) Power supply
March 1, 2013 12:51:53 AM

Please give the full specs. I would like to see a Dell build that needs 750W.
a b ) Power supply
March 1, 2013 1:06:14 AM

jnkweaver said:
Please give the full specs. I would like to see a Dell build that needs 750W.

This build. It has SCSI HDD, which is VERY power hungry, and the stock PSU is 750 watts. Look it up.
Related resources
a b ) Power supply
March 1, 2013 1:14:31 AM

TheN00bBuilder said:
This build. It has SCSI HDD, which is VERY power hungry, and the stock PSU is 750 watts. Look it up.


I tried looking it up but it is discontinued.

The Seasonic Gold 850 is on sale at $150 after $20 MIR http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
a b ) Power supply
March 1, 2013 1:30:25 AM

Yeah; i'd choose that PSU. Look at it on ebay. Its more than likely in the description there should be tech specs.
a b ) Power supply
March 1, 2013 2:02:10 AM

I wouldn't buy any supply on ebay. You have no idea how hard it has been pushed.
a b ) Power supply
March 1, 2013 10:44:12 AM

jnkweaver said:
I wouldn't buy any supply on ebay. You have no idea how hard it has been pushed.

You don't get it. I wanted you to search for the Dimension 490, and if you click on an auction, it will give you tech specs in the description. I would never buy a psu off ebay, either.
a b ) Power supply
March 1, 2013 8:09:47 PM

TheN00bBuilder said:
You don't get it. I wanted you to search for the Dimension 490, and if you click on an auction, it will give you tech specs in the description. I would never buy a psu off ebay, either.


LOL Totally misunderstood that. I will have to check it out at home. They block eBay at work.
a b ) Power supply
March 3, 2013 8:13:03 PM

mrtimdog said:
Hi,
Does anyone know if there's a power supply which will fit a Dell Precision 490 which supplies more the standard power supplies' 750W?
I'm a little too close to the current 750W limit for comfort at the moment!
Cheers,
Tim


Everyone slow down - this Dell uses proprietary PSU - you need 20-Pin Mini ATX System Board Connector and 24-Pin ATX Motherboard Power Connector, any regular standard PSU have only 24 pin and 4+4 ancillary power connectors.

So there is so far only a one choice, if you want to find elsewhere this is the model ND285

This one will fit http://www.impactcomputers.com/nd285.html this is for Precision 690, the difference is 1000 watt and the same size and connectors.

!