Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Is this a good pc?

Tags:
  • Homebuilt
  • Systems
  • Product
Last response: in Systems
Share
October 15, 2012 8:47:56 AM

Processor: Intel Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz (3.9GHz Turbo) Quad Core CPU (Ivy Bridge)
MB: Asrock z77 Extreme 4
PSU: Antec High Current Gamer 750W Power Supply HCG-750
Memory: Corsair 16 GB DDR3 1600 mhz
SSD: 120 GB Sandisk Extreme Read speed 550 mbps write speed 510 mbps
Storage: 2 TB Seagate barracuda
gfx: Dual asus nvidia gtx 560 TI

More about : good

a c 106 B Homebuilt system
October 15, 2012 8:51:56 AM

For what?

As a HTPC, way overkill.
As an office/general productivity, overkill.
For a workstation where you video edit or number crunch its pretty good.
As a gaming rig its overkill in the CPU and RAM and under-powered in the GPU.
m
0
l
October 15, 2012 8:55:47 AM

manofchalk said:
For what?

As a HTPC, way overkill.
As an office/general productivity, overkill.
For a workstation where you video edit or number crunch its pretty good.
As a gaming rig its overkill in the CPU and RAM and under-powered in the GPU.

Gaming/Video editing. I'm not into any high drawing FPS such as Crysis. just want to be able to play everything comfortably without jitter. I'm going all out with the processor and ram because I dont want to upgrade any time soon but the dual 560s have been rated better than a single 680. Why are the gfx under powered? Both factory overclocked in SLI. As i said nothing drastic.
m
0
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
a c 106 B Homebuilt system
October 15, 2012 8:59:46 AM

Oh, I didn't see that you had two 560Ti's.

In that case its a pretty good editing/video editing machine.

May I ask why you went for dual 560Ti's when a GTX670 costs roughly the same and can match the performance of a 680?
IMO its always better to get a powerful single card over two weaker (and older) cards in SLI.
m
0
l
October 15, 2012 9:04:42 AM

manofchalk said:
Oh, I didn't see that you had two 560Ti's.

In that case its a pretty good editing/video editing machine.

May I ask why you went for dual 560Ti's when a GTX670 costs roughly the same and can match the performance of a 680?
IMO its always better to get a powerful single card over two weaker (and older) cards in SLI.

I already have one 560 ti. Put it in my current pc which is a piece of *** and the cpu was bottle necking the gpu. Also price is not a big issue but when i can pay 460 (AUD) for dual cards in SLI or pay closer to 600 for a single card. gfx wise - dual 560 tis, how is this for gaming. As stated nothing drastic but running games such as COD, bf3 APb reloaded with comofrt and ease of frapsing without frame loss.
m
0
l
a c 106 B Homebuilt system
October 15, 2012 9:15:56 AM

Where are you getting your prices from?
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...

Anyway, that makes sense now.

Dual 560Ti's are pretty powerful, should be able to play the latest games quite well.

FPS drop due to recording is mostly due to the HDD not being able to keep up with incoming footage. May want to record to the SSD and transfer it over to the HDD afterward.
m
0
l
October 15, 2012 9:38:21 AM

manofchalk said:
Where are you getting your prices from?
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...

Anyway, that makes sense now.

Dual 560Ti's are pretty powerful, should be able to play the latest games quite well.

FPS drop due to recording is mostly due to the HDD not being able to keep up with incoming footage. May want to record to the SSD and transfer it over to the HDD afterward.

The 4 gb 670. From what ive heard from friends the 2 GB 670 and 2 gb 680 arent worth pissing on. Thanks for all your help though.
m
0
l
a c 106 B Homebuilt system
October 15, 2012 9:42:24 AM

Your friends don't know what they are talking about.

The 4GB of VRAM has no impact on performance unless you are playing at large resolutions (think 3x1080p). And if you were looking for performance at that resolution, a HD7970 is a better option.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0VNiWtQqb4
m
0
l
!