I need Something but I am not sure what exactly.

cherokee714

Honorable
Oct 15, 2012
Hi my name is Chase and I am looking for a new something, I am not sure. With the current setup i have, I need to turn settings on all low as possible and on 800x600 @ 56 hz to run the my game Grand Theft Auto 4 smoothly. With the lowest possible settings it is still a bit choppy when driving at high speeds. I would just like to put the settings up to medium to high and on 1280x800 @ 60hz or around there with it running smoothly all the time. Basicly i want my computer to run the game like an Xbox 360 would. Here is My current setup:

Cpu: Amd Phenom II x2 560 Black Edition unlocked to an Amd Phenom II x4 B60
Mainboard: Asus M4n68t-m v2
Ram: 8Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3
Graphics: XFX ATI Radeon HD 4550
Hard Drive: 500gb Western Digtial 7200rpm

Whats wrong?

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Your video card is probably the most glaring deficiency in terms of gaming performance. The HD4550 is a good basic use video card, but really isn't up to snuff in terms of gaming requirements.

What is your budget for any potential upgrades?

COLGeek

Cybernaut

This recommended PSU will barely meet the needs of the total system. It will work, but offers no head space for additional upgrades. Just something to keep in mind.

Great GPU recommendation, though.

COLGeek

Cybernaut

True (padding estimates), but having some margin for growth is always a good idea. Just a consideration, not a criticism.

cherokee714

Honorable
Oct 15, 2012
ok Well i went out to best buy yesterday and got the same video card you recomended and got a diffrent psu, its a 550 watt and man i can tell a huge diffrence. Just one question, my old video card was a 1 GB and so is this one. What makes the diffrence?