• Graphics Cards
  • Gtx
  • Compatibility
  • Motherboards
  • Graphics
  • Product
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 22, 2012 12:48:26 AM

Hey guys I am planning on buying a GTX 660ti but I'm not entirely sure if my motherboard is compatible with it. I have an Intel H57 motherboard that can fit a Ati Radeon 5770. I don't know how to go about checking if the card will be compatible with it or not, I'm not sure why it wouldn't be but any advice would help a lot!

More about : gtx 660ti motherboard question

a b U Graphics card
August 22, 2012 12:58:10 AM

Yep it will work as long as it has a PCIe 2.0 or 3.0 it will work. If it fits one graphics card it will fit another. Computer parts aren't designed to be difficult tell compatibilty. Also be more specific next time about what mobo you have there are a lot of intel h57's
m
l
August 22, 2012 1:04:06 AM

lt_dan_zsu said:
Yep it will work as long as it has a PCIe 2.0 or 3.0 it will work. If it fits one graphics card it will fit another. Computer parts aren't designed to be difficult tell compatibilty. Also be more specific next time about what mobo you have there are a lot of intel h57's

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
That is a full description of the computer I have, which it says it has 2 PCI express 2.0 x16 so that will work then? Or will I need to upgrade my Mobo too? Also I plan to upgrade the PSU which I know is needed. :wahoo: 

Quick edit: On Tigerdirect it says the interface type is PCI express 3.0, so 2.0 won't work?
m
l
Related resources
August 22, 2012 1:11:21 AM

Pci express is fully backwards compatible, just like sata connections. You can connect a pci express 3 device into a 2 slot and even down to a pci express 1 slot. You will not gain the added speed from the lvl 3 slot but this hardly matters with a mid range graphics card.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
August 22, 2012 1:16:35 AM

It will work fine. Most devices don't even fully utilize a 2.0 slot. There will not be any performance difference with a 3.0 device being used in a 2.0 or 3.0 slot for at least a few years. So yes it will work perfectly fine.
m
l
August 22, 2012 1:19:26 AM

Thank you for the replies! On another quick note do you two have any personal opinion on the gtx 660ti? Apparently on previous articles and anticipation videos they figured the card to be priced around $250, the issue now is do I buy it now and get Boderlands 2 at a sixty dollar value? Or do I wait it out and see if the price drops?
m
l
!