Some of my motherboards drivers can' t be installed(PLEASE HELP)

JohnD13

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2012
Sorry for the long post but it' s to explain everything very clearly.
This is my build:
Intel i5-3570K
Gigabyte Z77-DS3H
HD 7770 GHz Edition
8 GB RAM
Corsair builder series 500W
HDD 500 GB Corsair (I bought this months ago)
So I assembled everything correctly (I suppose...) and installed windows 7 64-bit. When windows finished installing I went ahead to install the drivers needed. I loaded my motherboard' s drivers onto my new pc (I had stored them in a USB stick using my old rig) but I can' t install 3 of the 8 drivers! So I installed 5 of them and then downloaded the catalyst (drivers for the 7770 from amd' s website) and successfully installed them (I guess, as nothing wrong happened and the graphics were drastically improved).
But what about those 3 drivers from my motherboard? Here' s were I downloaded them from: Gigabyte Z77-DS3H
1) When I try to install the intel VGA driver and Intel Rapid Storage Technology (SATA RAID) driver I get a message saying "This system does not meet the minimum requirements for the installation of this software" (translated from my language but that' s it pretty much). What should I do? Or maybe I don' t need them?
2) When I open the file that downloaded as the Intel SATA Preinstall (SATA RAID) driver there' s no .exe in it. So what am I supposed to execute?
I will appreciate every help as I desperately want this build to work smoothly.

JohnD13

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2012
I' m installing windows updates right now (as I mentioned above I' ve just started doing some basic actions after installing the OS) and I hope it helps.

chugot9218

Honorable
You shouldn't need those, your MOBO may not support RAID, but I didn't look it up. But, RAID drivers are only necessary if you are using RAID, which you aren't, and I believe the rapid storage technology is only for SSD's? Or maybe it lets you use a RAM cache for your HDD, I cannot recall.

JohnD13

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2012

That' s right. I just read at my mobo manual that I need an SSD for Intel Rapid Storage Technology. Thanks!
But what about the VGA Driver?

JohnD13

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2012

How can I know if it has? (don' t know much about these things...) Well I have downloaded the drivers for my 7770 so do I need the VGA driver too?
Also about RAID do I need more than one hard drives to use it? Because if yes then I shouldn' t care about installing the drivers concerning RAID as I have only one hard drive.
Thanks again for helping me out.

chugot9218

Honorable
Yes, RAID is for combining multiple drives either for speed or data redundancy. Look up a VGA port, it is basically the old standard for connecting a monitor to your computer. Most likely the board has DVI-(something here, multiple versions, i.e. D, or I) and HDMI or Displayport.

Also, you have a dedicated GPU so it does not matter whether a VGA port is available on your MOBO, you likely would not use it anyways.

JohnD13

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2012

Ok thanks a lot! So basically you' re saying that I shouldn' t care about the 3 drivers I didn' t install right?

akopp21

Jul 21, 2010
the Intel graphics would be disabled since you have a HD 7770 and you only have one drive so RAID (redundant array of inexpensive disks) is also disabled. You don't need drivers for either.

You could also go to Device Manager and if there are no unknown devices, then you have all the drivers you need.

chugot9218

Honorable
Glad to help, you will be more than happy you built it yourself and the knowledge acquired is invaluable! Understanding how to upgrade/repair minor issues on a PC will make you a hit among your family and friends.

JohnD13

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2012

True :)