Sign in with
Your question

New hardware - now lag/bad gaming experience

Last response: in Systems
October 15, 2012 6:25:21 PM

Hey guys!

So. I decided to upgrade my computer. With new ram, motherboard, graphics card, harddisc and CPU. Im using Win8 64bit, but experienced the problem on WinXP 32bit aswell after the new hardware. My games are now lagging - I can't even play WoW in the medium quality without lags - my 3 yr old computer from before had no trouble doing this :??:  . I've tried playing The Witcher2 aswell, and this it cannot even play on low/medium, everything is VERY laggy. Again, I had no problem in doing this with my 3 yr old hardware..

So, what seems to be the problem? I have installed drivers for both graphic card and for my motherboard.
And btw. when you answer - please explain like you where talking to a child :D 

I hope that you can help.

/Natasha

Computer specs:

Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H - ATX LGA1155
Intel Core i5 3550 / 3.3 GHz Processor - LGA1155
MSI R7850-1GD5/OC - HD7850 1GB
Kingston HyperX blu - 2x4GB DDR3 1600MHz PC3-12800 CL9

The power supply has 650W.
a b B Homebuilt system
October 15, 2012 6:36:21 PM

Which 650W is it?

And what's your old computer from before?
October 15, 2012 7:16:47 PM

Deemo13 said:
Which 650W is it?

And what's your old computer from before?

Oh my. I don't remember the specs on the old one, I must admit. Just didn't have any problems before I replaced all the abovestanding parts. The power supply is one of the old parts.

Energon-EPS 650W is the name of the powersupply. If it was the power supply, wouldn't the computer just turnoff or something when I "asked" to much of it?
Related resources
October 15, 2012 8:00:48 PM

did you reinstall windows?
October 15, 2012 8:55:49 PM

rgd1101 said:
did you reinstall windows?

I started on Windows XP 32bit, on my old hard disk, but with all of the above hardware new. I had the same problem (lag in games), which I thought was because of the Windows XP 32bit ability to use all my ram. So, I bought a new hard disk, to have a fresh start, where I installed Windows 8 64bit.
Therefore the new hardware, has been tried with Windows XP (32bit) and Windows 8 (64bit), with the exact same problem: very laggy graphics.
October 16, 2012 2:24:11 AM

only thing i can think of is something isnt agreeing in the hardware making it have unstable preformance. i dont know much about the intel side of cpus and mobos but thats the onlything i can think of or maybe your power supply isnt giving enough power to the graphics card but i think it would just shut off
!