Sign in with
Your question

Toshiba Satellite c655 turn on wireless capability

Last response: in Wireless Networking
November 14, 2011 12:17:01 AM

I Can't turn on my Internet on my Toshiba Satellite C655? Someone Help . It says i have to turn on the wireless capability with a button the the side or the front of the computer but I Don't see no button?
November 14, 2011 4:51:28 AM

SierraLoveeee said:
I Can't turn on my Internet on my Toshiba Satellite C655? Someone Help . It says i have to turn on the wireless capability with a button the the side or the front of the computer but I Don't see no button?

Need to be more specific. Whats the last part of the model number? Did you recently restore the operating system? If you didn't, then you basically hold fn+one of the function keys (f1-f12, one of them has a wireless symbol on it). If there's an actual switch for it, its usually on the front of the laptop.

If you did recently restore the operating system without using restore disks, there may be missing drivers. Note that with Toshibas if thats the case, you'll need the wireless driver, the chipset driver, and the software that uses the f1-f12 buttons (I forget whats it called,).

For best results if you did restore the OS or had a bad virus or improperly used a driver scrubbing program, just go through all the drivers on the support.toshiba.com website. Download them to a flash drive through.

Note though if you did not restore the OS or your not having driver issues, none of that applies. Check by going to start and search "device manager". Anything with yellow ! marks typically means either drivers not installed, wrong driver installed, or (hope not) the hardware is not working (aka your wireless card might just be dead).
m
l
!