Sound through Home theatre speakers

emperias

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2012
Hello,i'm gonna be building my own pc,now is my question,
I have this unused Home cinema from LG,is there a way to conect 2 or more of the speaekers + the subwoofer to my pc and let all the sound come through that?

Note : I won't buy a dedicated soundcard

chugot9218

Honorable
A stereo receiver or amplifier to go between the speakers, your computer, and the monitor. It is probably more than you want to spend if you do not want to buy a sound card, and I am not sure if there are sound cards that can take in speaker wire or if there is some kind of converter, you could look it up or someone may provide some solution.

A receiver - basically a box that can take various forms of input and turn them into various forms of output - you might already have one. What are your speakers plugged into right now?

Good ones will run you between 2- and 500 dollars - I could give you some recommendations, but I don't know which ones are good for computer use.

chugot9218

Honorable
Yeah, I am not sure if there would be any associated delay placing a receiver between your PC and the monitor, works fine for HDTV's, but I am not familiar enough with the differences to tell you.

You need an amp, or basically a stereo receiver, to get sound to your home stereo speakers from your PC. I am not sure how the video card and monitor got into this conversation, but they are irrelevant here for all purposes.
Your stereo speakers are made to be driven by an amplifier. If you hooked them directly to your PC, you could barely hear them. You need to get some RCA cables OR HMDI cables if those type of connections are available to you on your amp or receiver, and basically hook your stereo output from your PC to the input side of the receiver or amp, and then hook your speakers to the speaker connections on the amp/receiver. Turn the amp on, set it to the inputs you used (probably something like AUX on the output selection) turn it up and be joyful.

chugot9218

Honorable
Well, the monitor got into the equation because he stated it is his PC, he did not mention it was being used as an HTPC, thus, I assumed he would need to connect the receiver to the monitor, and I also believe he does not have an amp or receiver. Also, you would need an adaptor anyways to hook them straight into your PC, stereo wire alone won't get you anywhere.