3570k prime95 error need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdrkeen

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2009
I just ran prime95 for 10 hours and 3 of the course went with no errors at 4.4ghz 1.224 volts. It showed the core 3 with one error after 7 hours and stopped working on that one. It seems pretty odd only one core would have an error and not the others. Is this something I should just ignore, being that it ran for so long and the other cores had no errors? Guess I could just up the vcore some more but wasn't sure if there could be some other cause.

The temperature never got above 76c

bump the voltage by 0.005V. i've had prime stable but not battlefield stable. There are indicators in the event log that a recoverable error was encounterd (whea-error). if you have many of these then there will be an unrecoverable one at some point and you'll blue screen, again +0.005V until they stop, unless temps are too high. I'd say you were on the edge with your temps.

cdrkeen

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2009

The thing is I never get an error while gaming playing bf3 for 3+ hours and Crysis 3 the temps never get over 55c when gaming. Just prime 95 gets very toasty. Anyway I tried reseating cpu and putting rows placing it on cpu without spreading it out first, instead of putting a blob on heatsink and spreading it around. Temps seem a bit better but it takes 2 hours to set with ic diamond. It seems to be stable for all the games I play which is all I really use it for. I'll probably just leave it I'm thinking prime 95 for 7 hours seems good enough for me

Status
Not open for further replies.