Sign in with
Your question
Closed

3570k prime95 error need help

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
February 27, 2013 6:17:02 PM

I just ran prime95 for 10 hours and 3 of the course went with no errors at 4.4ghz 1.224 volts. It showed the core 3 with one error after 7 hours and stopped working on that one. It seems pretty odd only one core would have an error and not the others. Is this something I should just ignore, being that it ran for so long and the other cores had no errors? Guess I could just up the vcore some more but wasn't sure if there could be some other cause.

The temperature never got above 76c

More about : 3570k prime95 error

a c 80 à CPUs
February 27, 2013 6:21:26 PM

bump the voltage by 0.005V. i've had prime stable but not battlefield stable. There are indicators in the event log that a recoverable error was encounterd (whea-error). if you have many of these then there will be an unrecoverable one at some point and you'll blue screen, again +0.005V until they stop, unless temps are too high. I'd say you were on the edge with your temps.
Score
February 27, 2013 7:41:35 PM

13thmonkey said:
bump the voltage by 0.005V. i've had prime stable but not battlefield stable. There are indicators in the event log that a recoverable error was encounterd (whea-error). if you have many of these then there will be an unrecoverable one at some point and you'll blue screen, again +0.005V until they stop, unless temps are too high. I'd say you were on the edge with your temps.

The thing is I never get an error while gaming playing bf3 for 3+ hours and Crysis 3 the temps never get over 55c when gaming. Just prime 95 gets very toasty. Anyway I tried reseating cpu and putting rows placing it on cpu without spreading it out first, instead of putting a blob on heatsink and spreading it around. Temps seem a bit better but it takes 2 hours to set with ic diamond. It seems to be stable for all the games I play which is all I really use it for. I'll probably just leave it I'm thinking prime 95 for 7 hours seems good enough for me
Score
Related resources

Best solution

a c 80 à CPUs
February 27, 2013 8:23:04 PM

check event log for whea errors
February 28, 2013 8:36:16 PM

Doesn't show any errors so I guess I'm good to go
Score
March 9, 2013 11:46:48 PM

Best answer selected by cdrkeen.
Score