Sign in with
Your question

EVGA GTX 560ti Crashes computer with Pink/Green/Blue display

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 22, 2012 5:10:09 AM

Just built my first computer a few weeks ago and i've come across a very annoying problem. I've noticed that whenever I try playing games such as The Sims 3 or Sleeping Dogs my computer will freeze up, making a repeating sound and leaving the display a solid color; usually pink, green, or blue. I can't do anything else other than restart my computer at that point. I'm able to run games like l4d2, Team Fortress 2 and Vindictus at max settings for hours on end, yet for those two games I can only play them for 5 minutes before they crash the computer. Any possible solutions to this problem i'm having?
August 22, 2012 6:31:45 AM

it sounds like a DOA GPU... seems like the memory is corrupted or something...
August 22, 2012 10:08:00 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_EIlEYCPhE

A video I recorded earlier today, so you can visually see what happens to my computer when I run these games.

My specs, if that makes any difference as well.

Operating System
MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
CPU
Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.40GHz
Ivy Bridge 22nm Technology
RAM
8.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 686MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P8Z77-V LX (LGA1155)
Graphics
Acer G235H (1920x1080@60Hz)
1023MB GeForce GTX 560 Ti (EVGA)
Hard Drives
932GB Western Digital WDC WD1002FAEX-00Y9A0 (SATA)
Optical Drives
DTSOFT Virtual CdRom Device
ASUS DRW-24B1ST c
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio
Related resources
August 22, 2012 10:22:12 AM

If some games work and some do not, you have a software problem somewhere.

Try updating your video drivers and check for any updates for the games you are playing.
August 28, 2012 5:44:48 AM

Finally figured it out. My power supply was going nuts whenever I was playing these games, it would make these crackly popping sounds and the led would get extremely bright before crashing. I just never noticed cause my headphones were on. Tested out my computer on my friends power supply and I had no problems at all. I was able to run Sleeping Dogs past the point where the game would crash and then some. Not going to be buying a Rosewill power supply any time soon. Thanks for the help.
!