EVGA GTX 560ti Crashes computer with Pink/Green/Blue display

Just built my first computer a few weeks ago and i've come across a very annoying problem. I've noticed that whenever I try playing games such as The Sims 3 or Sleeping Dogs my computer will freeze up, making a repeating sound and leaving the display a solid color; usually pink, green, or blue. I can't do anything else other than restart my computer at that point. I'm able to run games like l4d2, Team Fortress 2 and Vindictus at max settings for hours on end, yet for those two games I can only play them for 5 minutes before they crash the computer. Any possible solutions to this problem i'm having?
4 answers Last reply
More about evga 560ti crashes computer pink green blue display
  1. it sounds like a DOA GPU... seems like the memory is corrupted or something...
  2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_EIlEYCPhE

A video I recorded earlier today, so you can visually see what happens to my computer when I run these games.

My specs, if that makes any difference as well.

Operating System
    MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
    CPU
    Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.40GHz
    Ivy Bridge 22nm Technology
    RAM
    8.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 686MHz (9-9-9-24)
    Motherboard
    ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P8Z77-V LX (LGA1155)
    Graphics
    Acer G235H (1920x1080@60Hz)
    1023MB GeForce GTX 560 Ti (EVGA)
    Hard Drives
    932GB Western Digital WDC WD1002FAEX-00Y9A0 (SATA)
    Optical Drives
    DTSOFT Virtual CdRom Device
    ASUS DRW-24B1ST c
    Audio
    Realtek High Definition Audio
  3. If some games work and some do not, you have a software problem somewhere.

Try updating your video drivers and check for any updates for the games you are playing.
  4. Finally figured it out. My power supply was going nuts whenever I was playing these games, it would make these crackly popping sounds and the led would get extremely bright before crashing. I just never noticed cause my headphones were on. Tested out my computer on my friends power supply and I had no problems at all. I was able to run Sleeping Dogs past the point where the game would crash and then some. Not going to be buying a Rosewill power supply any time soon. Thanks for the help.
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia Computer Games Graphics Displays