sickness24

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011
I am trying to get my new build to boot. I can get it to run fine with no gpu in off my i5 3570 graphics, but when I install my evga 660ti I get nothing. I have both 6 pin power cables on the card, but one has an extra 2 pin connector coming off it that is not used? I have tried both pci slots and get nothing. The card poweres on fine, and fans spin fine but I get no display. I get the A9 code on my asrock xtreme4 display thing on the mobo. Please help

sickness24

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011
Both power plugs are installed. Tried just 1 stick of ram, both pice slots and still nothing. I have not yet installed any disks btw, just trying to get it to boot with the gpu in right now if it matters. Do I need to rma the card? Being my 1st build, I don't know if it's truly bad yet.

eshepard

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2010
check your bios, there are sometimes options regarding video output

does the onboard video work with the card installed?? if so you could try booting up with onboard video, see if you can install drivers, and then see if the card works

I'm kind of feeling that perhaps your default video isn't set to pci-express I would go into your motherboard under your integrated display from your i5 and make sure that your primary display is set to pci express I ran into this when I installed my Gigabyte 670 I felt really dumb.

sickness24

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011
Well I got it all to work finally. Turns out the motherboard bios needed updated to recognize my egva 660ti ftw card. Works great now as I am typing off it and installing bf3 :) thanks for the help