Sign in with
Your question

Problem with new PC build.

Last response: in Systems
October 15, 2012 9:57:14 PM

I just got done building my new PC. My problem is that when I turn it on everything runs for about a 1 second and then shuts off. When everything stops moving it turns back on for another second then it shuts back off and just keeps repeating this pattern. Everything is plug in correctly. The CPU led then the RAM led right after does light up but I'm assuming that is because of the lost of power because as far as I know if it was a CPU or a RAM problem the case fans would still run. I also think the PSU is running the whole time based on the fan but I'm not sure because that PSU fan is hard to see and it takes about 7 or 8 second to stop spinning. Also I'm worried that the H80 might be shorting it out because for some reason the motherboard doesn't have holds for the back plate. Not sure if that is part of the design.

Hardware:

Intel Core i7-3820 Sandy Bridge-E 3.6GHz (3.8GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 2011 130W Quad-Core Desktop Processor

ASUS Sabertooth X79 LGA 2011 Intel X79 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory

CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650M 650W ATX12V v2.31 / EPS12V v2.92 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Semi Modular High Performance

CORSAIR H80 (CWCH80) High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler

Kingston HyperX 3K SH103S3/120G 2.5" 120GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) (Stand-Alone Drive)

Western Digital WD Blue WD10EZEX 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 Channels PCI Express x1 Interface Sound Card

Nvidia Geforce 570 gtx superclock

No OS

Additional Details
Well I think I just narrowed it down to the CPU. I unplugged the CPU power connector and it ran fine. Plug it back in does the same thing. I still don't know what is wrong though. The CPU power connector only goes in one way. The heat sink is running. And the CPU is in the way it should be.

More about : problem build

!