Sign in with
Your question

Hey guys I got a question.

Last response: in Systems
October 15, 2012 10:00:42 PM

Yo, my name is Matty and I am building a pc, which will not be the best gaming tower, it all will cover my needs.
Well I do not have any hardware expirience although I was building a pc before which basicly was a bunch of *** not worth over 40 pounds.

My current pc just brand new from pc world is blue screening all the time after guarantee runned out. It was diagnosed as a motherboard incompatibility bla bla bla...

I decided to build myself a new pc, part by part.

This long introduction takes you all the way up to this simple and stupid(you may think) question.

I ordered new:

ASUS Crosshair V Formula
ASUS NVidia GT 650
AMD FX 8150
Corsair Vengeance 8GB RAM
WD Hard drive 1TB
PSU ACE 750W
CiT Vantage black and blue case
SATA 6GB/s cable
and Arctic Silver Thermal paste

Have I forgot about any thing, or will I need any other parts to run it all (I already own a DVD drive and monitor)
or have I included everything?

Thanks for attention hope I will get appropriate answer. I will mention again that I have chosen all hardware parts for my own interests and needs and I do not require any unnecessary comments about the PC hardware because its all opinions if you know what I mean.

PS. How can I connect my pc case to a motherboard?

Thanks for your useful and reliable service.

More about : hey guys question

October 15, 2012 10:15:42 PM

Anyone Please?
Related resources
October 16, 2012 12:28:05 AM

it sounds like you have all the bases covered.

not sure what you mean by connecting your case to your motherboard, if you mean physically, there are screws. if you mean case specific ports like front panel headphone or usb, there are pins on the motherboard and cables with the case, but sometimes the cables don't reach, just how it is
October 16, 2012 2:12:07 PM

Thanks for your replies

I already own a copy of windows 7 64-bit, but I am thinking about getting windows XP 64-bit as in my personal opinion the versions above xp ale full of crap but thats only my opinion.
I probably will play around with the overclocking but im not sure about it, but its good to know that I will need another cooler.

Yes I meant connecting the power button and usb ports which are placed on the front of the case.
Actually are the pins placed on motherboard labelled so I will plug the correct cables to it or should I research more about the motherboard?

Anyways thanks for your replies and hope I will get all things working together as soon as I receive them.

October 16, 2012 9:09:34 PM

your need to look in the motherbord manual , but you can count on the basics like the power button and led being reachable, the real problem is with large case where with connections on the top since most of the connections are on the bottom of the motherboard. it a rarely discussed issue since many most simply ingore these extra connections and they vary from case to case.

may i suggest winxp sp3 32bit or win7 64bit . the 64bit xp was nice idea but worked out very poorly. and you will only have directx9 for gaming

edit: xp
October 18, 2012 11:43:02 AM

as i know 32-bit does not support more than 4gb of ram, so I will stick with 64-bit ;) 

anyway all sorted if anyone have similar question to mine look at motherboards manual there is everything well explained.
!