alsohas

Honorable
Aug 17, 2012
I am on a budget and have picked the following cards: 6850, 560 se. And maybe 560 Fermi. Currently I'm leaning towards 6850 because of its price and performance. But how much of a performance difference is there between the 2 listed nvidia cards and the 6850? Also nvidia offers physx which looks really good on some games like Arkham city and boarderlands 2. So I was wondering if these cards gave me a better bang for the buck than 6850 if not should I get one of two cards because of physx? Is it worth it?

alsohas

Honorable
Aug 17, 2012

Thx for the suggestion, and it seems that 470 is sold out at most places but ill check amazon for some 470 or maybe ill get lucky and find a used 560 ti for cheap

Buddy you're not really helping, I searched around the forums and googled for some 560 se and 6850 comparison couldn't really find any good posts same for the 560 non-ti Fermi version, so I don't necessarily think this is a repost if that's what you're trying to say, otherwise I'm sorry I misunderstood your reply to my post

andover

Honorable
Apr 19, 2012

but we will have dem shiny grafcs dude and we can pley the latest cod

the best way to know if physx are worth or not for you is for you to experience it yourself. but one thing is clear though those extra physx effect are not going to change how you will play your games. the best it can give you were more eye candy. and as usual more eye candy = more performance hit.

there are tons of games out there using physx as their physics engine but very few using gpu accelerated calculation. so even if you were using amd gpu you're not going to lose much other than extra eye candy that only made possible with the presence of nvidia gpu