UPDATE: Web-Grognards, 8th May 2005

Archived from groups: rec.games.board,uk.games.board,alt.games.wargames (More info?)

Hi,

The Grognards Challenge: Kim Meints (jackiesavon@360.mchsi.com) was
the first to guess "Hannibal: the Second Punic War", S&T#141 (DG).
Some entries for this Challenge were inadvertently deleted so some
names are missing from the list :-( A new Challenge awaits.

A list of new links and files on Web-Grognards follows. For this list
follow the 'Whats New' link from the Web-Grognards home page:-

http://grognard.com

or go direct to:-

http://grognard.com/20050508.html

NEW LINKS

Commands and Colors: Ancients (GMT) - website
The Mighty Endeavor (MMP) - official rules (zipped PDF file),
official errata
Simple Shipboard Tactical System (Walter O'Hara, miniatures rules) -
free game

NEW FILES

Aide de Camp (HPS Simulations, PBEM aide) - tutorial (Word file)
Chosin (PacRim) - Q&A
Defiant Russia: 1941 (Avalanche) - replay
The Devil's Horsemen (GMT) - replay
Empire of the Sun (GMT) - replay
Fortress Berlin, ATO#8 (ATO) - replay
Red Badge of Courage (GMT) - replay
Victory Insider - contents
World War II (SPI/TSR) - variant (RTF file)

UPDATED LINKS

Afrika (The Gamers/MMP) - official rules (zipped PDF file),
official errata
Ardennes (The Gamers/MMP) - official errata, official rules
(zipped PDF file)
Crusader (The Gamers/MMP) - official errata, official rules
(zipped PDF file)
Drive on Paris (The Gamers/MMP) - official errata, official
rules (zipped PDF file)
Fallschirmjaeger (The Gamers) - official rules
(zipped PDF file), official errata
Operation Michael (The Gamers/MMP) - official errata,
official rules (zipped PDF file)
Stalingrad Pocket (The Gamers/MMP) - official errata
Stalingrad Pocket II (The Gamers/MMP) - official errata,
official rules (zipped PDF file)
Standard Combat Series (The Gamers/MMP) - series rules 1.6
(zipped PDF file)
Successors: Alexander's Empire (AH) - archived review
(last in list)
Yom Kippur (The Gamers/MMP) - official errata, official rules
(zipped PDF file)

Alan Poulter
grognard@grognard.com

lee

Archived from groups: rec.games.board,uk.games.board,alt.games.wargames (More info?)

Hi Alan,

This is Lee Johnson from the Leeds games club c.1998-2000, I used to play
with you there (big guy)

I was wondering if you know of a really good boardgames store online or mail
order, we are after some old games that potentially are out of print.

Fair Means or Foul, and antiques acqusition game is one of them.

Got any suggestions?

Lee
"Alan Poulter" <alan@poulter.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> The Grognards Challenge: Kim Meints (jackiesavon@360.mchsi.com) was
> the first to guess "Hannibal: the Second Punic War", S&T#141 (DG).
> Some entries for this Challenge were inadvertently deleted so some
> names are missing from the list :-( A new Challenge awaits.
>
> A list of new links and files on Web-Grognards follows. For this list
> follow the 'Whats New' link from the Web-Grognards home page:-
>
> http://grognard.com
>
> or go direct to:-
>
> http://grognard.com/20050508.html
>
> NEW LINKS
>
> Commands and Colors: Ancients (GMT) - website
> The Mighty Endeavor (MMP) - official rules (zipped PDF file),
> official errata
> Simple Shipboard Tactical System (Walter O'Hara, miniatures rules) -
> free game
>
> NEW FILES
>
> Aide de Camp (HPS Simulations, PBEM aide) - tutorial (Word file)
> Chosin (PacRim) - Q&A
> Defiant Russia: 1941 (Avalanche) - replay
> The Devil's Horsemen (GMT) - replay
> Empire of the Sun (GMT) - replay
> Fortress Berlin, ATO#8 (ATO) - replay
> Red Badge of Courage (GMT) - replay
> Victory Insider - contents
> World War II (SPI/TSR) - variant (RTF file)
>
> UPDATED LINKS
>
> Afrika (The Gamers/MMP) - official rules (zipped PDF file),
> official errata
> Ardennes (The Gamers/MMP) - official errata, official rules
> (zipped PDF file)
> Crusader (The Gamers/MMP) - official errata, official rules
> (zipped PDF file)
> Drive on Paris (The Gamers/MMP) - official errata, official
> rules (zipped PDF file)
> Fallschirmjaeger (The Gamers) - official rules
> (zipped PDF file), official errata
> Operation Michael (The Gamers/MMP) - official errata,
> official rules (zipped PDF file)
> Stalingrad Pocket (The Gamers/MMP) - official errata
> Stalingrad Pocket II (The Gamers/MMP) - official errata,
> official rules (zipped PDF file)
> Standard Combat Series (The Gamers/MMP) - series rules 1.6
> (zipped PDF file)
> Successors: Alexander's Empire (AH) - archived review
> (last in list)
> Yom Kippur (The Gamers/MMP) - official errata, official rules
> (zipped PDF file)
>
> Alan Poulter
> grognard@grognard.com

Archived from groups: rec.games.board,uk.games.board,alt.games.wargames (More info?)

Hi Lee,

"Lee" <lee.johnson34@virgin.net> wrote in
> This is Lee Johnson from the Leeds games club c.1998-2000, I used to
> play with you there (big guy)

How are things at the club?

> I was wondering if you know of a really good boardgames store online or
> mail order, we are after some old games that potentially are out of
> print.
>
> Fair Means or Foul, and antiques acqusition game is one of them.

Isn't this Adel Verpflichtet, which I thought was still in print?

> Got any suggestions?

I maintain a list of online shops at:

http://grognard.com/shops.html

I suggest you try first the ones given as being in the UK. You
can also try calling UK game shops that do not have online shopping.
The uk.games.board FAQ at:

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/uk.games.board

has a comprehensive list. You can also try buying direct from online
German game shops (which are given on the page above) or get a cheap
flight to Germany and buy at source! I got my copy of Adel Verpflichtet
from the Ka Da We department store in Berlin.

Alan Poulter
grognard@grognard.com