Network connections

dixie_17

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2011
Replaced a router. My windows 7 laptop will not connect & shows nothing in the network window. It is like a setting on the computer has been changed. Any ideas? Thanks.

jsmith89

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2010
What wifi adapter is in the laptop? Are the drivers installed? Does it come with a wifi managing utility? What model laptop do you have?

Is there a keyboard combo such as a Fn key and another key on the keyboard that has a wifi icon? What about a physical switch on the side or front of the laptop?

dixie_17

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2011

It is an HP ProBook 6555b windows 7 & is about 1 yr old. Worked fine. Had it tuned up & worked. Replaced the router - one laptop connected but this one did not. It says no connections are available in the icon on the task bar. If I open network sharing & try to sep a new connection there is noting to connect to or configure. I do not know if it has a Wifi adapter. I'm sure the drivers are installed because it worked before. I don't know about he wifi managing utility. There is a wifi tab above the f keys. When I try it says no connection to the internet is available. I tried it at McDonalds last night & got the same thing. It is like the networking is turned off, but I can't find where to turn it back on.
Thanks.

dixie_17

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2011
It is an HP ProBook 6555b windows 7 & is about 1 yr old. Worked fine. Had it tuned up & worked. Replaced the router - one laptop connected but this one did not. It says no connections are available in the icon on the task bar. If I open network sharing & try to sep a new connection there is noting to connect to or configure. I do not know if it has a Wifi adapter. I'm sure the drivers are installed because it worked before. I don't know about he wifi managing utility. There is a wifi tab above the f keys. When I try it says no connection to the internet is available. I tried it at McDonalds last night & got the same thing. It is like the networking is turned off, but I can't find where to turn it back on.
Thanks.