Need Help upgrading PC

thblite

Honorable
Oct 15, 2012
Hello,
I'm planning on upgrading my computer mainly geared towards gaming, i don't have a large amount of money to spend ($300) but id like to know what needs the most upgrading.

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600+ Windsor
RAM: 3.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 312MHz
Motherboard: ASUSTek Computer INC. NARRA2 (Socket AM2 )
Graphics: 128MB GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 (HP)

And Again any information on how best configure or upgrade computer is appreciated :)

Solution
Depends on the resolution of your monitor.

For your computer, you can't run much more than a Radeon HD7750 or a Radeon HD6670 depending on price.

Here's what I would do. I would purchase a 6670 or 7750 for your current computer. If it works out great, you have a cheap solution to your problem.

If not, save up more for a proper gaming computer and while you save up, use the computer with the GPU you just bought.

Then when it comes to sell your old computer, it can be worth more and you can sell it as an upgraded gaming computer.
Well, it depends on what games you are playing. Lower end games will run fine. I've got a 4600+ and it runs League of Legends and alot of the Source engine games as well as alot of other games.

That being said you would definitely benefit from a new computer.

What games and resolution are you playing at?

Depends on the resolution of your monitor.

For your computer, you can't run much more than a Radeon HD7750 or a Radeon HD6670 depending on price.

Here's what I would do. I would purchase a 6670 or 7750 for your current computer. If it works out great, you have a cheap solution to your problem.

If not, save up more for a proper gaming computer and while you save up, use the computer with the GPU you just bought.

Then when it comes to sell your old computer, it can be worth more and you can sell it as an upgraded gaming computer.

Solution