FX8350 Stock Fan

Venor

Honorable
Feb 27, 2013
Hi all,

Just threw together a new computer yesterday with an 8350 Vish. on stock w/ stock cooler on a Biostar 990FXE.

I've ordered an aftermarket cooler (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835118223)

But in the meantime while I'm playing games, the noise from the fan is unbearable. :fou:
During installation, I had to reseat it twice, so I'm not sure if the plays a part in its "loudness".
My prior 4100 Zamb. sat at a constant fan speed (stock) during ANY gaming and never got louder than it was before a game.

What I want to know while I wait for my Zalman is whether or not this is normal for the 8350 stock cooler to be extremely loud during gameplay / endcoding videos.

@ Idle it sits around :23C - 30C
@ Gaming : 35C - 45C (Sleeping Dogs)

Solution
without being able to hear yours all i can say is the stock fan is pretty loud and ,imo, worhtless. I suppose amd expects just abot everyone to overclock this and use an aftermarket solution so the didnt invest much into a decent stock cooler.

popatim

Titan
without being able to hear yours all i can say is the stock fan is pretty loud and ,imo, worhtless. I suppose amd expects just abot everyone to overclock this and use an aftermarket solution so the didnt invest much into a decent stock cooler.

Solution