Tags:
  • Power Supplies
  • Cases
  • Build
  • Components
Last response: in Components
February 28, 2013 1:36:38 AM

Good Evening,

My case is an IN-WIN Griffin. It already has stand offs integrated with it (my first build) so do I just use the screws and screw it where the holes match up with the mobo?

More about : case

February 28, 2013 1:44:33 AM

Also, my case came with 2 standoffs (if that means anything) out of 9 holes. But, the manual does not state where to put the 2 standoffs
m
l
February 28, 2013 2:02:18 AM

I'm a little confused by what you mean.

Yes, the standoffs receive screws after you place the motherboard over it.

Most cases now come with two standoffs already installed. You install the additional standoffs per your motherboard size. The manual should list out which holes to add them to.

Does that answer it? Or did you mean something else?
m
l
Related resources
February 28, 2013 2:07:06 AM

The problem is the case came with 2 stand offs, but the manual doesn't say where the 2 standoffs are supposed to go even though the stand offs are integrated with the case.
m
l
February 28, 2013 2:09:22 AM

They go in the middle somewhere, just take your board and hold it in the case so the rear ports are in the correct position in the case, you can see where those two are supposed to go.

Alternatively, just put the rest of the stand offs in your case as per the instructions for your type of motherboard, and then put the motherboard in the case so the rear ports are in the right place and you will see where it all goes.
m
l
February 28, 2013 2:11:45 AM

hm..let me check. I will be right back
m
l
February 28, 2013 2:21:34 AM

OK. I see two holes that are right behind the mobo. My only quest following that is, since the mobo would be covering the two standoffs ( and no possible ways to screw a screw in) do I just put the stand offs in and lay the mobo on top?
m
l
February 28, 2013 2:24:13 AM

Those two standoffs already in there should fit into some holes on your motherboard.

What case do you have? And what motherboard do you have?
m
l
February 28, 2013 2:25:50 AM

I have an In Win Griffin ATX Tower Chassis and an Asus Sabertooth 990fx r2.0
m
l
February 28, 2013 2:35:45 AM

USmc2010 said:
OK. I see two holes that are right behind the mobo. My only quest following that is, since the mobo would be covering the two standoffs ( and no possible ways to screw a screw in) do I just put the stand offs in and lay the mobo on top?

Absolutely not. You run the risk of shorting components if you do that.
Make sure you're positioning the board correctly.

I searched up your case (http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/fullimage.php?image=2381...) and it looks like the standoffs are already integrated. Can you take some pictures of what you mean by there's no way to put screws in?

Edit - see my next post
m
l
February 28, 2013 2:39:21 AM

No, those two standoffs should line up with two holes. Is your motherboard in the case the right way around?

Did you add 7 other standoffs in the pattern for an ATX motherboard as your case's manual shows?
m
l
February 28, 2013 2:39:26 AM

@xomm: I mean when I lay the mobo down. I screw in the 9 mounting screws to the case. but, if I look at the back there are two holes below center mas that fall right under the ASUS. there's no way I can put screws through.
m
l
February 28, 2013 2:40:53 AM

I took a closer look - There should be 9 screw-holes on the motherboard that line up with the 9 built-in standoffs. There's no need to put in any more standoffs. The extra standoffs are probably to accommodate shorter boards, based on where their mounting positions are.
m
l
February 28, 2013 2:42:18 AM

@tigerg: yes mobo is in the right way around. and I put the screws in (without standoffs) with screws provided per manual for usage of mobo and add-on card screws. ( I did that for all 9, but it didn't show where to put the two standoffs out of the 9)
m
l
February 28, 2013 2:42:43 AM

@tigerg: yes mobo is in the right way around. and I put the screws in (without standoffs) with screws provided per manual for usage of mobo and add-on card screws. ( I did that for all 9, but it didn't show where to put the two standoffs out of the 9)
m
l
February 28, 2013 2:45:04 AM

@xomm: so the 2 standoffs that came with the case in the package of screws, I can just put back in the package w/out the need for them correct?
m
l

Best solution

February 28, 2013 2:54:04 AM

USmc2010 said:
@xomm: so the 2 standoffs that came with the case in the package of screws, I can just put back in the package w/out the need for them correct?

Correct.
February 28, 2013 2:55:18 AM

Best answer selected by USMC2010.
m
l
February 28, 2013 2:55:27 AM

thank you guys very much.
m
l
!