6950 2Gb not working - AMD Driver install warning

beagleboy03

Honorable
Aug 22, 2012
Hello,

I am upgrading from a 4670 to a 6950 but am having trouble with the drivers. I ran Driver Sweeper and CCLeaner to get rid of the old drivers but when I go to install catalyst 12.8 I get a warning during installation message. Once I reboot my screen has small green artifacts around it and the resolution is constantly changing. I also tried a system restore with no luck. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

a quick system run down
intel i7 760 at stock 2.8Ghz
p7p55D deluxe motherboard
650W corsair power supply
windows 7 64bit
HIS 6950 2GB turbo with bios switch in position #2

I also tried the 12.4 drivers with no luck.

beagleboy03

Honorable
Aug 22, 2012

When I try to click on the CCC launch icon from the start menu it gives me the following message:

could not load file or assembly 'CLI.Implementation' or one if its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified

Also, after attempting the install and getting the install warning message click on log to view. I click to view the log but nothing ever pulls up.

beagleboy03

Honorable
Aug 22, 2012
By doing a custom install and unchecking the catalyst control center I was able to finally able to get the driver 'successfully' installed (green check mark & no error messages). Unfortunately after the reboot I still have the same green square artifacts and blurry resolution-jumping display problems. I suppose it could be a bad card but the fact that it displays ok using the generic windows default vga drivers after clearing out the ati drivers makes me think that the card is ok and the drivers are the problem. Thoughts anyone?

beagleboy03

Honorable
Aug 22, 2012
Here are pictures of the display errors I am talking about:

I've had two guys on another forum tell me they think I got a bad card but I thought I would get a second opinion on here before I went through the hassle of sending anything back by mail.