Sign in with
Your question

First Time PC Build, Need Advice

Last response: in Systems
October 16, 2012 3:37:11 AM

Hey guys, I'm building a PC for the first time I have already bought the Case (Xion Predator) and Motherboard (Gigabyte GA-970A-D3) And i have a list of the rest that i plan on using, I'll be using two existing SATA 2 500GB hard drives and a 24x CD/DVD burner drive and also an old Diamond xtreme 5.1 sound card to save a bit of money, maybe upgrade hard drives to a single 1TB SATA 3 later on.
This PC will be mainly used for gaming and also movies/day to day. occasional some editing

Here are the rest of the part's I've chosen so far.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Case - Xion Predator (Already bought)
MOBO - Gigabyte GA-970A-D3 (Already Bought)

CPU - AMD Phenom II x4 965 Black Edition
GPU - MSI GeForce GTX 560 1GB Twin frozr overclocked edition
PSU - Rosewill HIVE series 650w semi-modular
RAM- I'll use either G.SKILL Ripjaw X or Corsair Vengeance 8GB
Heatsink - Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo
OS - Windows 7 home premium 64 bit OEM
Thermal paste- Artic Silver 5
Case Fans - 2 CM 120mm fans and a BitFenix Spectre 200mm fan
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would love some adivice/thoughts/suggestions on these parts also i wanted to know if the RAM will fit with the Heatsink
Thanks!

More about : time build advice

October 16, 2012 3:48:49 AM

Ok thank's.. I'll probably use low profile just to be on the safe side.. I don't plan on OC the cpu (Never done it before either) but i wan't a better quality heat sink and the 212 is fairly cheap on newegg. and for me SSDs just seem a bit pricey for the amount of space
m
l
Related resources
October 16, 2012 4:07:28 AM

Yes, but they are much faster and if you already have 1TB of space a 128GB SSD will much speed up response times
m
l
October 16, 2012 4:26:35 AM

You're not gonna OC, you still want a 212 EVO for better cooling, that's okay.
But drop the Artic Silver. You don't need it anymore. Really.
m
l
!