Sign in with
Your question

Question about airflow/fans

Last response: in Systems
October 16, 2012 5:16:44 AM

Hey there. I have another question for the building experts out there. This time about the best way to position my fans for the best cooling :D 

So the case I have ordered is the Xigmatek Elysium. It comes with 2x 120mm fans installed at the front of the case as well as a 200mm fan installed on the side panel. However theres also room for x3 140mm or 120mm fans on the top of the case and x3 140mm or 120mm on the bottom however I have bought an AX1200 power supply so this may only leave room for one at the bottom. Additionally theres space for a 120mm or 140mm fan on the back panel of the case just under where the motherboard will sit where the CPU will be. The rear of the case I figured I should use for my Corsair H80 Radiator and fans.

What would be the best way to set up these fans for the best airflow/cooling? I figured I should leave the 120mm fans at the front and install a 140mm on the bottom then use the 200mm on the side panel as an intake then use the H80 on the rear as an Exhuast as well as 3 140mm fans along the top of the case as exhausts? Is this an effective way to cool the case or will I run into issues? This is my first build so I really have no idea. Also the space for a fan at the back of the motherboard? Should this be used as an exhaust to pull hot air away from the board or an intake to push cold air onto it?

Thanks in advance for any help.

More about : question airflow fans

!