MoneyMike

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2002
hammer gonna be better than the lastest pentium at the time hammer comes out? sledge or claw...opteron, or whatever alien name it has by now

My computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

chuck232

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2002
Hey hey now, let's not post a load of spam, let's give him the real answer: I dunno. (well most likely yes, but depending on Intel does and if Hammer really does live up to expectations.)

My firewall tastes like burning. :eek:

zeexen

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2002
I just hope that the hammer can <font color=red>beat the crap</font color=red> out of the P4
:tongue: :smile:

Now available: notebook with Mobile Hammer CPU and Geforce6; awesome!

SEB

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2002
I just hope that the hammer can beat the crap out of the P4.
Well nothing wrong with healthy competition!!!
I hope that the Hammer will be able to compete with the P4s.

:cool: <font color=blue><b>BAD ASS BOYS OVERCLOCK BAD ASS TOYS</b></font color=blue> :cool:

poorboy

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2002
I want one NOW dammit. SMP preferred. Hmmm. I guess it'll go nicely with the Matrox Parhelia that I also can't buy yet.

<i>Do I look like I care?</i>

buddry

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2002
I heard voodoo computers has their own fab and makes their own hammers.

That is a nice <b><font color=green>Garbage Can</font color=green></b> you have there!

MoneyMike

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2002
see now..i didnt even mention voodooPC's. i knew the awnser to my question and i just wanted to amuse myself at all the unecessary and spam replies that would follow.

My computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

SEB

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2002
I guess it'll go nicely with the Matrox Parhelia that I also can't buy yet.
Yes that card sounds like a gforce 4 killer. Its good that matrox are getting back into the gameing cards.

:cool: <font color=blue><b>BAD ASS BOYS OVERCLOCK BAD ASS TOYS</b></font color=blue> :cool:

Dark_Archonis

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2002
Well, aren't we an AMD fan? You do realize that several things stand in the way of your dream: reality, logic, the laws of physics :tongue: (got this quote from Dilbert).

SEB, you do realize that Nvidia is working HARD on their next card the "NV30". They say it's going to revolutionize
the industry (like the original Geforce). They have not revealed anything, except that it'll have something like 105 million transistors (ALOT more than the GF4, almost double). I've also heard some rumours it'll be made using 0.13 process (probably true, since it's going to be a big core). So, in conclusion, Nvidia won't get beaten easily, and their new "Cg" Programming code I heard will help GeForce line of cards perform great (another romour is the code was specifically made for Nvidia's new cards).

SEB

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2002
SEB, you do realize that Nvidia is working HARD on their next card the "NV30". They say it's going to revolutionize
the industry (like the original Geforce). They have not revealed anything, except that it'll have something like 105 million transistors (ALOT more than the GF4, almost double). I've also heard some rumours it'll be made using 0.13 process (probably true, since it's going to be a big core). So, in conclusion, Nvidia won't get beaten easily, and their new "Cg" Programming code I heard will help GeForce line of cards perform great (another romour is the code was specifically made for Nvidia's new cards).
Correct, I know that Nvidia is working on there NV30. And I know that its going to kick ass. But i just like that fact that there will be more than one card producer out there which is good for the industry.