Computer not turning on.

patrick_aw

Honorable
Jun 27, 2012
Hi, I just got a new case and power supply (nzxt switch 810 and corsair ax1200) but my computer isnt turning on. I believe I have plugged everything in in the right place. What happens when i try to turn my computer on is all the fans start going and my cpu fan lights up but then turns off within half a second.

I know this isnt much to help with but you guys might have an idea on what to try and do or what to fix up. Thanks :)

patrick_aw

Honorable
Jun 27, 2012

Well i have just spent the last few hours trying to fix this. I have taken out my motherboard multiple times and plugged in all the cables again. I have also tried reseting the BIOS but nothing would happen and I have also tried using onboard graphics but still no luck. Same thing keeps happening, starts up after being left a couple minutes then turns off almost instantely.

patrick_aw

Honorable
Jun 27, 2012

Well the new power supply seems to be the problem as the old one works perfectly. Would you suggest returning it for a new one under warranty or do you know a way to fix it?

if the mb is cycling on and off it could be that the mb cant set the ram speed right. (doing an overclock failure). if the mb has code led or led post codes see if there showing an error. most times a power on then shut down is a missing standoff and a short. or you forgot to conenct the 4/8 pin atx. power connector.