Tags:
  • Antec
  • Connection
  • Fan
  • Cases
  • Components
Last response: in Components
February 28, 2013 12:23:30 PM

I have a fractal define R4 case, it comes with 3 fan controllers and 2 140mm fans, the two fans that came with the case are hooked up to the two fan controllers and 1 molex and are working fine. However the Antec twocool I installed on the front panel is not working, it came with a 3 pin fan connection hooked up to a double sided molex, I have the molex plugged into the PSU.

Should I unplug the 3 pin to molex connection that it came shipped with and plug the 3 pin connection into the fractal r4 fan controller? Not sure what to do, no instructions came with the fan itself. Thanks for any help.

More about : figure out antec twocool 140mm fan work

February 28, 2013 12:46:04 PM

The fan can get its power from EITHER the molex, or the three-pin; plug in one or the other, but not both. If you plugged the molex directly into the PSU, try the twocool's switch in both positions. Make sure the Antec fan is not being blocked (i.e. it turns freely).
Also, make sure the molex was plugged in all the way (it could be a tight fit).
Score
February 28, 2013 3:50:58 PM

Onus said:
The fan can get its power from EITHER the molex, or the three-pin; plug in one or the other, but not both. If you plugged the molex directly into the PSU, try the twocool's switch in both positions. Make sure the Antec fan is not being blocked (i.e. it turns freely).
Also, make sure the molex was plugged in all the way (it could be a tight fit).

Thanks for the reply, after looking closer, the front portion of the fan was blocked by the fan controller that came with the antec fan.

One more question, would there be any issues if I hooked up the Antec (which is a 2 speed fan) up to the 3 speed fan controller from the fractal case, or should I just leave it plugged into the molex?
Score
Related resources

Best solution

February 28, 2013 4:43:02 PM

If you set the Twocool's switch to the "High" position, you can plug it into the Fractal's controller if you wish. You'll never adjust the Twocool's switch, so feel free to tie it out of the way like the rest of your excess cables. If you set the Twocool's switch to the "Low" position, it is entirely possible that turning down the Fractal's fan speed control will reduce the fan's voltage to the point where it may not run at all.
February 28, 2013 4:55:40 PM

Best answer selected by Shlamoey.
Score
February 28, 2013 4:56:22 PM

Thanks again, Im just going to leave it plugged into the molex for now and leave it on high and see how that works out.
Score
February 28, 2013 5:47:51 PM

Thanks. That should work just fine.
Score
!