Solved

Gaming pc $550

:hello: Hey there, i am trying to build a gaming pc but do not have the experience to pick the right parts. my budget is at $550 and i want the pc to play Battle field 3, Skyrim and Dishonored on medium to ultra. i have a little experience building robots and small things.
24 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about gaming
  1. Approximate Purchase Date: the last of the parts will maybe be bought at christmas as presents :D

    Budget Range: around $550 could be more! :sol:

    System Usage from Most to Least Important: 1: Gaming 2: Watching movies/Internet 3: school work.

    Are you buying a monitor: No already get one. ;)

    Do you need to buy OS: No.

    Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Dont care i just need it to be shipt to Denmark for free or a little amount of money.

    Location: Denmark, Copenhagen.

    Parts Preferences: Dont care!

    Overclocking: Probably not.

    SLI or Crossfire: If its easy and cheap!

    Your Monitor Resolution: i get a 1920x1080 full HD tv but it can be adjusted, also get a pc monitor but dont know the resulotion. :??:

    Additional Comments: Windows 7 capable, doesnt need to be ninja silent but so i dont get crazy. you already know the games i want to play but i want it to play the newest game for some while.

    If you get any other questions just ask! ;)
  2. If you need you can scale back on the CPU to the i5 3450 or 2500k
  3. if you want cheap i'd go with amd the phenom II x4 can play any game and a mobo for it and the processor it self is cheaper than an intel board and cpu
    total it would shave a little more than 100$ off the build connection problems posted if you get amd instead of intel

    the i5 does preform better but if your not doing extreme things like rendering or overclocking then i would recomend amd the system will run the same speed (internet, word docs) with games you could probably max any game out with the x4 skyrim i think it will thats more of a GPU game (i think my amd triple core can max it)
  4. You are absolutely right. I personally chose the i5 3750k because i got a great deal on it and it gives me the option of OC and whatever else i may want to do. For a pure gaming build Scaling back on CPU would not be a bad choice.
  5. The power supply is bare minimum.

    http://www.amazon.com/OCZ-Fully-Modular-80PLUS-Performance-compatible/dp/B005SCYFRE/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1350454963&sr=1-2&keywords=ocz+zt+series+650w

    16GB is bare minimum, 32GB preferably.

    For like $25 more you can get a 2TB HDD.

    http://www.amazon.com/Western-Digital-Green-Intellipower-Desktop/dp/B004VFJ9MK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1350454044&sr=8-1&keywords=western+digital+2tb

    I cannot comment on the case, but the Cooler Master 690 II Advanced USB 3.0 has lots of room with good cable management and they are like $80 shipped.
  6. stchman said:
    The power supply is bare minimum.

    http://www.amazon.com/OCZ-Fully-Modular-80PLUS-Performance-compatible/dp/B005SCYFRE/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1350454963&sr=1-2&keywords=ocz+zt+series+650w

    16GB is bare minimum, 32GB preferably.

    For like $25 more you can get a 2TB HDD.

    http://www.amazon.com/Western-Digital-Green-Intellipower-Desktop/dp/B004VFJ9MK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1350454044&sr=8-1&keywords=western+digital+2tb

    I cannot comment on the case, but the Cooler Master 690 II Advanced USB 3.0 has lots of room with good cable management and they are like $80 shipped.


    No.

    16GB is overkill.

    32GB is 16GB more than already overkill.

    He can run his computer off of a CX430 if he so desired.


    Now, I would personally go for an i5-3450 and a H77 setup, as the OP said he would not overclock. If he were to overclock, he would also need a CPU cooler.
  7. Best answer
    ok lets start :

    Case: Rosewill CHALLENGER Black Gaming ATX Mid Tower. ($44.99)
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811147153

    Motherboard: ASRock H77 Pro4/MVP LGA 1155. ($79.99)
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157302

    CPU: Intel Core i3-3220 Ivy Bridge 3.3GHz LGA 1155. ($129.99)
    ♦ http: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116775

    GPU: XFX HD 7850 1GB GDDR5 256 bit. ($159.99)
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150617

    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 4 GB (2x2) 1600mhz. ($28.90)
    http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Vengeance-PC3-12800-1600mHz-KitCMZ4GX3M2A1600C9/dp/B004O69XAY

    HDD: Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache. ($54.99)
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136769

    PSU: XFX Core Edition PRO 550W 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified. ($59.99)
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817207013

    Optical Drive: SAMSUNG 22X DVD Burner 22X. ($16.99)
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827151244

    TOTAL : $576 GooD LucK ;)
  8. Deemo13 said:
    No.

    16GB is overkill.

    32GB is 16GB more than already overkill.

    He can run his computer off of a CX430 if he so desired.


    Now, I would personally go for an i5-3450 and a H77 setup, as the OP said he would not overclock. If he were to overclock, he would also need a CPU cooler.


    A 430W power supply should not even be considered in anything that could even be remotely considered a gaming PC. 650W with at least a 50A rail is a MUCH better choice.

    We all have opinions, and my opinion is that 16GB is the minimum one should buy today for a homebuilt PC. Heck you can get 16GB of DDR3-1600 for ~$80.

    I am also thinking of the future. Right now DDR3 is really inexpensive, in a couple of years when say DDR4 or DDR5 comes out, DDR3 will be considered legacy RAM and be MORE expensive than it is now. Look at DDR2, it is about 2X as much as DDR3.

    I opted for 32GB and have not regretted it for one second.
  9. stchman said:
    A 430W power supply should not even be considered in anything that could even be remotely considered a gaming PC. 650W with at least a 50A rail is a MUCH better choice.


    With the 7770 having a max power draw of 84W and the 3570K having a maximum TDP of 77W when clocked at stock speeds. The rest of the system would not justify 50A on the 12V rail. I have 48A and I am running a GTX460, GTS250, 3 hard drives, a 2500K @ 4.4, and some other things.

    stchman said:
    We all have opinions, and my opinion is that 16GB is the minimum one should buy today for a homebuilt PC. Heck you can get 16GB of DDR3-1600 for ~$80.


    I respect that, and maybe I should be less harsh. But I would rather have the money spent on 16GB allocated to something better, like a nicer CPU or a better GPU.
  10. Deemo13 said:
    With the 7770 having a max power draw of 84W and the 3570K having a maximum TDP of 77W when clocked at stock speeds. The rest of the system would not justify 50A on the 12V rail. I have 48A and I am running a GTX460, GTS250, 3 hard drives, a 2500K @ 4.4, and some other things.


    I respect that, and maybe I should be less harsh. But I would rather have the money spent on 16GB allocated to something better, like a nicer CPU or a better GPU.


    The reason I say what I say is I begin to remember this line:

    "I wish I would have gotten a better <insert item that you recommended>"

    Pay a little more now to avoid the hassle of upgrades and headaches of crappy hardware, and your system will be viable for 4+ years or more.
  11. I actually don't plan on getting anything new for awhile, but I see your point. Fair enough. I just recommend 8GB because I prefer to get a better high end part like the GPU or CPU if the person does not have the cash.
  12. chairsgotoschool said:
    if you want cheap i'd go with amd the phenom II x4 can play any game and a mobo for it and the processor it self is cheaper than an intel board and cpu
    total it would shave a little more than 100$ off the build connection problems posted if you get amd instead of intel

    the i5 does preform better but if your not doing extreme things like rendering or overclocking then i would recomend amd the system will run the same speed (internet, word docs) with games you could probably max any game out with the x4 skyrim i think it will thats more of a GPU game (i think my amd triple core can max it)



    Thats sounds good but wich AMD PHENOM II X4 model are you talking about?? :)
  13. dont stuck with AMD's after year or months you will hate its performance and you will want to upgrade and this time you will want to upgrade to intel so you will change the mobo and the cpu which will cost alot = Final answer just go with intel . and i already recommended up a very nice build with only $26 far from your budget. also these guys in the topic will help you.
  14. mrdowntownkiller said:
    dont stuck with AMD's after year or months you will hate its performance and you will want to upgrade and this time you will want to upgrade to intel so you will change the mobo and the cpu which will cost alot = Final answer just go with intel . and i already recommended up a very nice build with only $26 far from your budget. also these guys in the topic will help you.

    allright then i will do that! :)
  15. mrdowntownkiller said:
    ok lets start :

    Case: Rosewill CHALLENGER Black Gaming ATX Mid Tower. ($44.99)
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811147153

    Motherboard: ASRock H77 Pro4/MVP LGA 1155. ($79.99)
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157302

    CPU: Intel Core i3-3220 Ivy Bridge 3.3GHz LGA 1155. ($129.99)
    ♦ http: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116775

    GPU: XFX HD 7850 1GB GDDR5 256 bit. ($159.99)
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150617

    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 4 GB (2x2) 1600mhz. ($28.90)
    http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Vengeance-PC3-12800-1600mHz-KitCMZ4GX3M2A1600C9/dp/B004O69XAY

    HDD: Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache. ($54.99)
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136769

    PSU: XFX Core Edition PRO 550W 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified. ($59.99)
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817207013

    Optical Drive: SAMSUNG 22X DVD Burner 22X. ($16.99)
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827151244

    TOTAL : $576 GooD LucK ;)

    well that's sound good. Just one question but can it be shipt to Denmark for free?? :)
  16. you should read this -> http://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=834738

    but also you should ask one of the guys who tried newegg shipping. and GooD lucK bro
  17. mrdowntownkiller said:
    you should read this -> http://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=834738

    but also you should ask one of the guys who tried newegg shipping. and GooD lucK bro

    thanks, but how long do you think this pc will play the newest games?? And how do i know if a pc case works whit my specs like will this work http://www.ebay.com/itm/Envizage-E-3391-Black-Blue-ATX-Gaming-PC-Tower-Case-/360462909419?pt=UK_Computing_DesktopComponents_RL&hash=item53ed437feb
  18. the case will fit the mobo no proplem , and the gpu dimensions is 7.8" x 4.4" x 1.5"
    which is not too long , and about how long you will be able to play new games its about 2+ years and after that you will still able to play the newest games but @ high setting not ultra which still pretty good @1080p
    can i get the best answer now please :)
  19. here is another build which i recommended for someone for $600 its only diffrent that he has hard drive 750GB and 8 gigs of ram if you want it :)

    http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/forum2.php?config=tomshardwareus.inc&cat=31&post=367134&page=1&p=1&sondage=0&owntopic=1&trash=&trash_post=&print=0&numreponse=0&quote_only=0&new=0&nojs=0#t2776601
  20. Best answer selected by Erik-DK.
  21. mrdowntownkiller said:
    here is another build which i recommended for someone for $600 its only diffrent that he has hard drive 750GB and 8 gigs of ram if you want it :)

    http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/forum2.php?config=tomshardwareus.inc&cat=31&post=367134&page=1&p=1&sondage=0&owntopic=1&trash=&trash_post=&print=0&numreponse=0&quote_only=0&new=0&nojs=0#t2776601

    Thanks dude you really help me out. Maybe I will chance the ram but I don't think it would be necessary. I will probably find a new case but still thanks for all :D
  22. mrdowntownkiller said:
    here is another build which i recommended for someone for $600 its only diffrent that he has hard drive 750GB and 8 gigs of ram if you want it :)

    http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/forum2.php?config=tomshardwareus.inc&cat=31&post=367134&page=1&p=1&sondage=0&owntopic=1&trash=&trash_post=&print=0&numreponse=0&quote_only=0&new=0&nojs=0#t2776601

    Thanks dude you really help me out. Maybe I will chance the ram but I don't think it would be necessary. I will probably find a new case but still thanks for all :D
  23. glad to Help :)
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Gaming Build Skyrim Systems Product