id wait. amd is dropping prices again.

the 7870 from asus is looking good though
m
l
Related resources
August 22, 2012 11:06:20 PM

Anonymous said:
how is this even a choice?

I know Sapphire make great cards but I was unsure on the quality of XFX which I know nothing about. I know stat-wise the 7870 is better but I don't a card that has a good chance of crapping out on me or ruining my mb.
m
l
August 22, 2012 11:07:40 PM

TheBigTroll said:
id wait. amd is dropping prices again.

the 7870 from asus is looking good though

can't wait :(  Need new rig for me and wifey to play GW2 which starts in few days.

WOW!! :o  Thanks for Asus tip, I know they make great cards found this beauty ASUS HD7870-DC2-2GD5 Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 for $240 as well.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
a b 4 Gaming
August 22, 2012 11:11:07 PM

XFX pretty much has the best warranty for a video card you can get. the warranty is both transferable and it also allows you to install a waterblock or a aftermarket cooler on it without breaking the warranty.

im sure you can probably wait a week. otherwise, the xfx is probably the card to get.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
a b 4 Gaming
August 22, 2012 11:12:11 PM

the only thing i dont really like or i find weird about xfx is that on their packaging, they advertise their products like propaganda and they make it sound that there is no other choice
m
l
August 22, 2012 11:17:27 PM

Brawl said:
can't wait :(  Need new rig for me and wifey to play GW2 which starts in few days.

rolli59 said:
XFX is a quality brand and HD7870 is the better card! Newest price drop was for the HD7870 to retail for $249 after the release of the GTX660Ti.
http://www.pcpartspicker.com/parts/video-card/#c=82,110...

TheBigTroll said:
XFX pretty much has the best warranty for a video card you can get. the warranty is both transferable and it also allows you to install a waterblock or a aftermarket cooler on it without breaking the warranty.

im sure you can probably wait a week. otherwise, the xfx is probably the card to get.

+1
XFX has lifetime warranties and the double D cooler has gotten praise and offers pretty good overclocking head room. The cooler apparently cools all the components on PCB, and not just what makes contact with the heatsink.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fM0AIijZnaM
m
l
a c 1406 U Graphics card
a c 290 4 Gaming
August 22, 2012 11:17:35 PM

TheBigTroll said:

They changed their warranty with the 7xxx series, no longer transferable (I believe) and only selected cards with a lifetime warranty (inclusive of the one linked by OP) http://xfxforce.com/en-us/Help/Support/WarrantyInformat...
m
l
August 22, 2012 11:19:49 PM

TheBigTroll said:
the only thing i dont really like or i find weird about xfx is that on their packaging, they advertise their products like propaganda and they make it sound that there is no other choice

So would you go with go with XFX or Asus? I like that the Asus card only has 4 case screws to take off fan assembly to clean the fans.

Also does it make any difference if you go with same brand MB and GPU, I was thinking of going with Asus MB, is their any benefits from this?
m
l
a c 1406 U Graphics card
a c 290 4 Gaming
August 22, 2012 11:25:53 PM

Brawl said:
So would you go with go with XFX or Asus? I like that the Asus card only has 4 case screws to take off fan assembly to clean the fans.

Also does it make any difference if you go with same brand MB and GPU, I was thinking of going with Asus MB, is their any benefits from this?

No benefit from same Brand, the Asus is another good option.
m
l
August 22, 2012 11:27:50 PM

Brawl said:

Matching aesthetics. That's about it. The GPU is still the same GPU and will use the same drivers.
m
l
!