Which Should I get??

Solution
No they are not the same! One is HD 7870 and another is HD 7850! HD 7870 is much more powerful than HD 7850.

There's absolutely no reason to upgrade to HD 7850, as that would not be an upgrade, actually a downgrade.

perfrel.gif
G

oh ya so the expensive one is for overclocking? if so do u think i should just got with the other cheap one cause I have never overclock before & I also dont have anything too cooler it with if i did overclock!

No the expensive one is already overclocked by the factory ( it runs at 1000mhz in stead of 860mhz )

The cheaper one has the same cooling so you can just as easily overclock the cheap one without any overheating problems.

Overclocking is easy with a program like msi afterburner or evga precision.

Extra cooling on the gpu is not necessary, the fan speed adjusts itself according to the higher temperatures. ( it will get louder though )

G

ya ok well I'm selling my Graphic card i got bout month now gtx 480 for $200 & I was gonna throw down 40 bucks more for that cheap one u think I should go with that or the other one cause if i got the other one expensive one it will take over a week or 2 to have the $$ to get it!!

G

oh ya & you're all good no need to be sorry lol just trying to figure out which graphic card is good that is all & I will save some $$ up & prob get the 7870!!! Will that run all my games on ultra settings on my I5 3570k?? & my G1 Sniper m3 mobo?

G

ya I put every game on it at ultra settings I get on battlefield 3 63fps & what 7870 aint better then gtx 480 whatt lol

G

What is a good Card then should I just keep my gtx 480 or upgrade to one of these radeon cause I wanted upgrade gpu... I just got a i5 3570k hd4000 cpu with G1 sniper m3 mobo

G

I didnt realize that lmao but gtx 480 runs up the power bill does it?? if it does I havent really cared bout the bill lol

G

I also dont leave my computer running at all that much just when gaming & stuff & if none of these cards are good what to go with?

adzx

Honorable
Apr 21, 2012
The 7870 imo is not worth the money for the performance boost, this is because of the 7850's overclocking capability. However, if you're not going to overclock go for the 7870.

7870 all the way, it is significantly faster than the 7850. Yes the GTX 480 is still competent but if you can get a good sale value then you should, Fermi is hotter and needs more power, while not a deal breaker you would prefer to move up with the generations rather than lag behind. The GTX 480 on that chart is what about 7% better stock clocks, one was the highest end card while the 7850 is basically entry level in the enthusiast market.

I am saying go with a 7870 Ghz Edition card from Sapphire, but the HD 7850 overclocked is a serious performer capable of performing with the 6970 and 570 at a very low price point again its only a entry level card thats how impressive it actually is. 7000PTS is possible on 3DM 11 with a 1200mhz overclock.