Sign in with
Your question

Soundcard not found....sometime

Last response: in Components
February 28, 2013 2:46:59 PM

I recently just installed a new motherboard, ASUS 5A99FX 2.0 PRO, into my computer and everything runs smoothly, except for my soundcard, Creative soundblaster recon 3d pro. Sometime it finds it, other time it says "please install or enable your soundcard" or something along the line. I check the device manager and its there and enable. I tried to disable and and re enable it as well as restarting the computer and it works every 10-15 tries. When it does work, i check to see if it has the latest driver and it does. Anyone know how to fix this problem?

More about : soundcard found

March 2, 2013 4:09:14 PM

i have a Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD sound card and so far I had it connected to 2 different ASUS P8Z77-V Pro/Thunderbolt's. the first time my computer could not find it until I moved the sound card to a different slot. I changed motherboards and now I am finding the same thing. I am betting that if I I change slots my motherboard will find it. perhaps maybe I should have installed everything else and did all updates and then installed sound card all would be fine. just a guess
m
l
March 2, 2013 10:21:11 PM

I moved my card to another pci slot and it works fine.
m
l
Related resources
March 10, 2013 3:16:49 AM

I would do the same, but sadly my motherboard only has 1 pci-e slot
m
l
March 10, 2013 1:51:56 PM

with mine I found out that the first slot was shared with something else and by default the slot is disabled. If I want to use it I have to activate slot. total newbe trying to help but maybe something similar?
m
l
!