Please help identify

alerae123

Honorable
Oct 16, 2012
okay so i know some part is failing in my pc I just dont know what part:

symptoms:

It started with random flashing lines through some icons when i pass over them
games run fine but once in a while these random lines pass through the screen

when I try and put the computer on sleep, it either sleeps for like 5 seconds and wakes back up, or wakes back up right away.

it takes longer for picture to appear on screen then before (not by much )

in event log after sleeping and waking up randomly it says because of "kernel power "

I think all this is linked to either the

motherboard
video card
power supply

alerae123

Honorable
Oct 16, 2012

me to, but it doesnt explain the sleeping issue

could a grpahics card wake up a system if it was f%%% up?

alerae123

Honorable
Oct 16, 2012

i see what your saying, because this sleep issue started AFTER graphics issue . its a gtx 560ti superclocked (evga)

think i should see what happens or send in for rma right away?

I'f first try testing a driver update and if possible either testing the graphics card in another system or testing the current system with a different PSU (or even better, both) to try to isolate the problem.

alerae123

Honorable
Oct 16, 2012

i would but this is my first build so i dont have parts or extra computers laying around

alerae123

Honorable
Oct 16, 2012

so delete old driver and reinstall from website?

would this also work for sleep issue:

remove graphics card then try putting it in sleep with just normal motherboard graphics

I'd recommend that you uninstall the graphics drivers and then use a program such as Driver fusion or a similarly thorough way to completely eliminate any traces of the AMD/Ati/Nvidia/Intel graphics drivers that you have (boot into safe mode to do this). Re-start the computer as necessary and keep doing this until there are no traces of any graphics drivers left other than the basic MS Windows graphics drivers. After that is done, you could then install the current version of Nvidia's drivers or maybe from the website of your card's manufacturer (sometimes, custom drivers are better, sometimes they're not).