Sign in with
Your question

Video card for hd

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 23, 2012 2:13:52 AM

Hello, i own an old media center computer.last year i try to replace my video card and find out that my power supply can't make the new one work .i know that i can replace the power supply and then install the new graphic card but since i don,t wanna make a game computer just want to use a video card whit hdmi to watch hd movies in my lcd tv i wonder if there is some way to use another computer case i own .this case only have the power supply so i want to install the video card in this case and then send the video signal from my media center computer to the card and use the hdmi output to feed my lcd with 1080p hd.any help?.thanks

More about : video card

a c 360 U Graphics card
a b ) Power supply
August 23, 2012 3:20:31 AM

The HD 7750 is a good card for playing videos and playing games. But since the OP is not going to play any games then I recommend a lower end card that still good for watching videos, but it also costs less money.

Radeon HD 6570............. $45 after rebate

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
August 23, 2012 3:25:48 AM

Yeah, pretty much any card with an HDMI out and no auxiliary power connectors will work. Just depends on the budget.
m
l
a c 360 U Graphics card
a b ) Power supply
August 23, 2012 3:34:17 AM

Yeah that's true.

If the 9600GT crapped out in my HTPC, then I would likely replace with the Radeon HD 7750. While the HTPC is basically for watching video, it also serves as a backup gaming rig in case my primary PC craps out for some reason.
m
l
August 30, 2012 2:25:12 AM

thanks all you guys for listen to me i,m so sorry to make my problem explained in a wrong way .i already try a 5670 and a 210 but my psu only supply 300 w and i think that i need at least 350 w to use any of those cards.in my case after replace the card my pc don't reboot i only heard a noise coming from the fan ,then i place the old card back and everything works fine again . thats the reason i'm trying to use the external psu to feed the card and be able to connect my hdmi cable.i dont know if this is possible or my only solution is go for a new psu.thanks in advance .
m
l
August 30, 2012 3:13:32 AM

i have a 480w psu with 210, and it run smooth with a 23inch. however, if you are watching full hd videos on a 42inch or bigger screen, then the lag comes in.

then i changed to 650w(overkilled) psu and 7750 and it run perfect with 2 screens (both 42inch on duplication) on full HD
m
l
!