Sign in with
Your question

Looking to build $1500-2000 Gaming/Editing PC

Last response: in Systems
October 17, 2012 12:23:54 AM

Hey guys, I'm switching over to PC gaming and video editing.... I have a $1500-$1700 budget on hardware....over details like that are included below. If anything seems to vague, ask and I will get back to you.

Approximate Purchase Date: Within the next 3 to 8 weeks

Budget Range: $1500-$1700 on Hardware (including OS), and No more than $400 on peripherals [Monitor, Keyboard, Mouse, Surround Headset] (SEPARATE FROM HARDWARE COST)... Total cost no more than $2100

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, Video Streaming (Youtube), Video Rendering, Basic Web Use, School Work (Typing Reports...etc..)

Are you buying a monitor: Yes

Do you need to buy OS: Yes (OEM)

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Wherever the component is being sold for the cheapest (excluding sites like eBay, craiglist, etc.)....

Parts Preferences: Ivy Bridge Intel CPU, liquid cooling, At least a 120GB SSD, along with a minimum of a 1tb HDD, Modular PSU (Minimum of 600W), LED Backlight Monitor, NON-REFERENCE GPU'S

Overclocking: Yes

SLI or Crossfire: No
Your Monitor Resolution: Preferably 1920x1080, ultra settings on all current games with at least a constant 50-60fps

Additional Comments: Playing games like BF3, Skyrim, Crysis

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: Building first system...switching from consoles.

Thanks!!!!
October 17, 2012 12:47:07 AM

This is a really nice build and will play the game you said on 1080p on ultra and for about 1900$.

Build
m
l
October 17, 2012 1:13:58 AM

Spartin503 said:
This is a really nice build and will play the game you said on 1080p on ultra and for about 1900$.

Build

This is good but I'd change a few things
First of all you forgot the SSD, I'd recommend a Samsung 830 (128GB or 256GB)
Go ahead and get the P8Z77-V Pro motherboard, it's only a little bit more, if you're lucky you can get it on sale for the same price as the regular version, like I did.
Corsair H100 and save $20-$30
Get a 670 instead of 680
Maybe a 2TB drive if you're going to be editing
m
l
Related resources
October 17, 2012 1:49:09 AM

watercooling is pretty dumb unless you go custom. air heatsinks are the way to go if you are not doing custom. the closed loop coolers are just for asthetics. nothing more

you dont need 600w if you are not doing SLI. its a waste

id suggest this
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/kxU6

-the vertex 4 is pretty much the fastest SSD out there. and pretty reliable due to it being based off of marvel hardware
-noctua nh-d14 is pretty much the best heatsink you can get
-motherboard has free ram. you have 24gb in your system
-seagate drives are reliable from my usage
-matx is the way to go if you are not going to do SLI
- i prefer image quality over speed from a 120hz monitor. therefore i chose the asus pb238q monitor over the benq 120hz
-chose a very good keyboard. should last you a good 5 years
m
l
October 17, 2012 1:54:42 AM

if you want a bigger board for more IO and a bigger case for easier cabling and more space (space is not needed really)

here you go
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/kxVM

buy the motherboard at newegg and get 8gb of free ram, making your system have 24gb
m
l
!