Sign in with
Your question

Stereo surround

Last response: in Components
February 28, 2013 3:58:18 PM

Hi Guys

I’m stuck really stuck.
I’ve bought a creative sound blaster Z

Games works perfect and every movies plays in surround sound on a 5.1 high end Logitech system.

Playing music on the other hand only works in stereo
my old card use to have a stereo surround option in the control panel, so instead of my card trying to make my music sound like the guitar playing really badly in rear speakers i want the same quality of music coming from the front to the back.

Now my connections are on analogue connections. Front, rear, centre sub.
I have optical cable if needed.

All I want is to have my music (using browser winamp) like on my old sb card that used CmSS- 3d just to play on all 5 speakers without 3d effects like a normal HIFI

And when i play games the 3d effects kick in.

What cards or solutions do you guys have, I’m going nuts feel like sound tech is taking a step back for music!!

thanks in advanced

More about : stereo surround

February 28, 2013 4:36:35 PM

The Z lineup has a Stereo upmixing option (SBX Surround). Enable that.
February 28, 2013 7:02:06 PM

tried that dude, gives crappy results, the x-fi are better for music, even the onboard on my old corsair iv had stereo surround.

essentially i want 2.0 front and rear with a sub.
creative sb x-fi did that and then switched to 5.1 when a game or movie was encoded with it.

im lost im gutted, the card is excellent in games but i love my music more
March 1, 2013 8:16:47 AM

ripped the card out of my system, going to get a d2x apparently you can trick that one into what i want.

if you guys are on 2.1 speakers the Crative Z card is awesome above that dont bother.
!