Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Corsair CX600 question

Last response: in Components
Share
February 28, 2013 5:48:46 PM

Would a EVGA GeForce GTX 670 FTW 2GB with an i5 3570 CPU run good with a Corsair CX600 W PSU? Also, I'm not overclocking.

More about : corsair cx600 question

a c 283 ) Power supply
February 28, 2013 6:08:23 PM

Ohhandrew said:
Would a EVGA GeForce GTX 670 FTW 2GB with an i5 3570 CPU run good with a Corsair CX600 W PSU? Also, I'm not overclocking.


Hi - yes it'll run fine and you can overclock if you wish.
m
0
l

Best solution

a c 1168 ) Power supply
February 28, 2013 6:34:49 PM

For a system using a single GeForce GTX 670 graphics card NVIDIA specifies a minimum of a 500 Watt or greater system power supply that has a maximum combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 30 Amps or greater and that has at least two 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors.

Total Power Supply Wattage is NOT the crucial factor in power supply selection!!! Sufficient Total Combined Continuous Power/Current Available on the +12V Rail(s) rated at 45°C - 50°C ambient temperature, is the most critical factor.

Overclocking of the CPU and/or GPU(s) will require an additional increase to the maximum combined +12 Volt continuous current ratings, recommended above, to meet the increase in power required for the overclock. The additional amount required will depend on the magnitude of the overclock being attempted.

The Corsair Builder Series CX600 (SKU# 75-001668 / CP-9020048), with its maximum combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 46 Amps and with two (6+2)-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors, is more than sufficient to power your system configuration with a single GeForce GTX 670 graphics card. There is ample spare capacity on the +12 Volt rail to handle any overclocking of the CPU and/or GPU you may want to attempt.
Share
Related resources
February 28, 2013 6:40:34 PM

Best answer selected by Ohhandrew.
m
0
l
February 28, 2013 6:41:12 PM

toyftw said:
Hi - yes it'll run fine and you can overclock if you wish.







Thank you for your reply.
m
0
l
February 28, 2013 6:42:40 PM

ko888 said:
For a system using a single GeForce GTX 670 graphics card NVIDIA specifies a minimum of a 500 Watt or greater system power supply that has a maximum combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 30 Amps or greater and that has at least two 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors.

Total Power Supply Wattage is NOT the crucial factor in power supply selection!!! Sufficient Total Combined Continuous Power/Current Available on the +12V Rail(s) rated at 45°C - 50°C ambient temperature, is the most critical factor.

Overclocking of the CPU and/or GPU(s) will require an additional increase to the maximum combined +12 Volt continuous current ratings, recommended above, to meet the increase in power required for the overclock. The additional amount required will depend on the magnitude of the overclock being attempted.

The Corsair Builder Series CX600 (SKU# 75-001668 / CP-9020048), with its maximum combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 46 Amps and with two (6+2)-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors, is more than sufficient to power your system configuration with a single GeForce GTX 670 graphics card. There is ample spare capacity on the +12 Volt rail to handle any overclocking of the CPU and/or GPU you may want to attempt.






Thank you very much for your reply with all that info!
m
0
l
!