Problem with new setup. Please help.

F0rbes

Honorable
Oct 16, 2012
Hi Guys.
I have a problem with my new setup.

I does not start. The fans spin for aprox 1 second and then it shuts down and tries again to start, fans spin and it shuts down.
Mobo gives no code or beep. ASrock dr.debug should give a code, only gives 0.0 (not used)
I am desperate since I have tested the following:

-Power supply is not broken, also tested with different cables.
-Mobo send back to retailer, send back to me(it worked fine with Core i7 3930K, i have 3820)
-they also upgraded the BIOS to latest 2.10
-CPU send to retailer, send back to me with a 50€ fine, works.
-tried with all kinds of memory combinations, or with none.
-tried with CPU, Mobo and powersupply.

I am sure i missed still something I tried, but I hope you guys can help me.

All the best

Roope

PS. below is a list of my setup.

GPU - Gigabyte nVidia 670 GTX

CPU - Intel Core i7-3820 3.6 GHz LGA2011

Mobo - AsRock X79 Extreme4, LGA2011, Intel X79, DDR3, ATX

SSD - Samsung 830 Series 256 GB 2.5" Sata 3

HDD - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 64MB 7200RPM SATA3

Case - Corsair Graphite 600T Special Edition ATX

Power supply - Seasonic Platinum-1000, ATX- 1000 W

Memory - Corsair Vengeance 16 GB Kit PC3-12800, 1600MHz

CPU Cooling - Corsair Cooling Hydro H80

Bejusek

Distinguished
Some ideas:
1. ATX 8pin power connected?
2. Power button connected properly?
3. Install two sticks of ram in A1 and B1 slots. Unplug every cable, except: ATX 24pin, ATX 8pin, graphics card power cable(s), cpu fan connected to CPU_FAN1 header. Start the system by pressing the power button next to dr.debug.
4. Try another graphics card
5. Make sure that cpu cooling block is firmly fastened to mainboard.
6. Make sure that mainboard is correctly installed - there is no short circuit on the back, nutscrews are inserted only in places matching holes in mainboard, screws are not overtightened, corsair backplate is installed correctly.

Chariot Of Mars

Honorable
Aug 25, 2012
Should still boot even if graphics card is not working. Shutting down immediately normally means that the CPU is instantly generating massive heat or no CPU fan is detected. Make sure CPU fan is plugged in and watch to see if it spins up.

Also what Bejusex said. It could be a short circuit somewhere, although sounds like you have assembled and disassembled a few times, so I would imagine any loose screws etc would have been spotted.

V_Gambini

Honorable
Oct 17, 2012
I had the same problem with my first build this past weekend. The only issue I think is that I recalled the 8 pin CPU connector (made of two separate 4 pin connectors) not matching the mobo precisely. After doing a little research, I noticed that the 8 pin power connector was for EPS. For ATX, only one of the four pin connectors needed to be plugged in. After that, everything worked perfectly.

F0rbes

Honorable
Oct 16, 2012
I tried all of the advide, I and as always the same problem. All the fans spin that I attach to the mobo including the CPU cooler fans, but it still shuts down.