Radeon HD 7660D discrete MSI gtx460 hawk?

redevmedia

Honorable
Mar 1, 2013
Hello,

Just picked up a AMD set up and the new AMD (Trinity) A10-5800K Black Edition APU.

Will i be able to use the gtx460 hawk still as my main card? as its awesome for most games i play.

On another note..
How much is a core i5 750 socket 1156 worth as used? My MSI P55 GD65 has died on me and want to sell them on ebay.

Thank you!

redevmedia

Honorable
Mar 1, 2013
The board still fires up but all of the phase lights stay on and it doesn't post to the monitor, I have tried everything from clearing cmos, reseating ram, bare system check and it just wont post at all. I know its not the graphics card as i have used it on another set up, and the processor is just 5 months old.

I am pretty confident that the cpu is ok and its the board at fault. I would love to continue using it but the socket 1156 is a bit of an obsolete part and the boards are really expensive.

Just want to recoup some cash that i just spent on this new AMD set up as i have never used AMD before.

thanks

redevmedia

Honorable
Mar 1, 2013
Actually after looking at it here, a lot of the pins are bent inwards the board CPU socket.. would that effect the CPU? and is it worth trying to repar> some of them are bent right in to the socket.

Sorry i didn't think about that. You don't know if the board or CPU are faulty or both so be prepared to refund anyone who buys it. Personally I think you should sell it anyway in an auction and if you get a complaint just refund no questions asked.

Yes, you just enable the discrete card and you will run the GTX460 independant from the Trinity part.