Help? CPU Voltage Jumping, and Multiplier going to x38 NO OVERCLOCK

Status
Not open for further replies.

fingerz

Honorable
Feb 27, 2013
I have NO overclocking on my system, this is all with nothing running, open desktop.

i5 3570k 3.4ghz // CPU
Extreme 6 // MOBO
CORSAIR TX850M // PSU
CORSAIR 16gb Ram

I downloaded CPU-Z and the system without overclock keeps telling me that the cpu multiplier is alot of times x38 (3800.00mhz) with the multiplier ranging between:

x16 (only sometimes)

x34 (normal stuff 3.4cpu, quiet often)

x35 - x38 (most of the time) <--------------------------- ARE THESE NORMAL?

VOLTAGE, seems to stay under 1.00v in the .96v to .92v

I dont have much on my system so I have only been messing around on the internet and stuff. Waiting for GPU.

Is this normal... its not even overclocked and it fluctuates to 3.8ghz? Just dont want to piss my money away :heink:

Solution
The 3570k has Intel turbo 2.0 baked into it. It will jump up to this speed when it is necessary to get work done. Nothing to worry about. Voltage varies based on what's required by the processor under a certain workload. The voltages you've listed are well within range of the processor.

Based on your workload, the multiplier will increase or decrease and the voltage usually will as well similarly. The multiplier is just showing you the amount times the processor core clock speed (100MHz) speed your processor is running at to perform the current workload. 3.8GHz is your processor's turbo clock speed, so when you see the multiplier go to x38, it is doing work as quickly as possible (usually under a high workload). The speed will...
The 3570k has Intel turbo 2.0 baked into it. It will jump up to this speed when it is necessary to get work done. Nothing to worry about. Voltage varies based on what's required by the processor under a certain workload. The voltages you've listed are well within range of the processor.

Based on your workload, the multiplier will increase or decrease and the voltage usually will as well similarly. The multiplier is just showing you the amount times the processor core clock speed (100MHz) speed your processor is running at to perform the current workload. 3.8GHz is your processor's turbo clock speed, so when you see the multiplier go to x38, it is doing work as quickly as possible (usually under a high workload). The speed will vary based on the demands put on the processor.

To sum it up... Everything looks good with your processor.

Solution

fingerz

Honorable
Feb 27, 2013

COOL! I had asked once before but I felt I didnt give enough detail, but im glad these are solid. now..... off to go order my video card and hard disk drive :)

Status
Not open for further replies.