Best 7850 on a budget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xdkez

Honorable
Jul 30, 2012
Approx Purchase Date: In one week

Usage from most to least important: Gaming ( Metro 2033, Crysis 2, Guild Wars 2, WoW, Diablo 3, Battlefield 3 All in Ultra/ High Settings) Surfing the web.

Current PSU: Antec BP550 Plus 550W Continuous Power ATX12V V2.2 80 PLUS Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply

Other Revelant System Specs:

i5 3450 Ivy Bridge Processor

B75 Gigabyte Motherboard with pci express 3.0x16

4x2 8 GB 240 Pin DDR3 1600 G Skill Ram

Rosewill Challenger Case

Preffered Websites: Newegg

Parts Preference None as long as its the best price/performance

Overclocking Maybe

Monitor Resolution 1440x900 ( I might upgrade later ( like next year) to a 1920x1080 resolution

Im building a new build and i want to know the best 7850 i can get with $225 including shipping and before rebates.

I need help deciding between this : http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161405

and this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150608

Solution
There probably isn't a way to say one is "better" than the other. The only difference is the cooler on the card, not the chip itself. Most people will just say to go for the one that is more budget friendly.

Let's see, the xfx card is xfx's "core" model, which is not their best lineup. The HIS card is HIS's "IceQ" lineup, which is their best lineup.

Even so, the differences are minimal, they probably would be hard to distinguish once inside your case, so go for the one that will save you some $.

viridiancrystal

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2011
I say go with the HIS card, because it costs less. Love my 7850 to death, the only game I've played that has pushed it at all was the Witcher 2. Your PSU should be fine, as long as you don't crossfire in the future. As long as you stay on 1440x900, the card will just laugh, though, like I said, not much pushes it at 1080p either.

xdkez

Honorable
Jul 30, 2012
I still can't decide what to choose. One person says go for the xfx and another says to go for the HIS.

Both are within my budget but i want to know which one is better :/

I like xfx warranty and support but HIS in most cases puts out a much better product in my experiences anyway. with xfx you should really always buy a better model than the base product better warranty indicates better build quality with xfx in my experiences.

xdkez

Honorable
Jul 30, 2012

both have a 2 year warranty

viridiancrystal

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2011
There probably isn't a way to say one is "better" than the other. The only difference is the cooler on the card, not the chip itself. Most people will just say to go for the one that is more budget friendly.

Let's see, the xfx card is xfx's "core" model, which is not their best lineup. The HIS card is HIS's "IceQ" lineup, which is their best lineup.

Even so, the differences are minimal, they probably would be hard to distinguish once inside your case, so go for the one that will save you some $.

Solution
ASUS' directCU line has the best cooler on the 7850's. After the last round of price drops, it's on newegg for $220. ASUS cards have a 3 years (from date of manufacture), fully transferrable warranty, so resale value on ASUS cards is high.

Or, the visiontek card can be had for the same price. it's a weaker cooelr than ASUS's, but it offers a lifetime warranty for the original buyer.

You need to register the card with visiontek within 30 days of purchase to get teh warranty. ASUS's warranty is automatic.

good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.