Sign in with
Your question

Issue with Graphics Card/Motherboard

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 23, 2012 5:01:17 PM

Hi everyone. I am having an issue with what seems to be either my graphics card or motherboard, not sure which one. Whenever I turn on my computer, it boots on normally, but I don't get a picture anymore. One thing I did notice that never use to appear is a steady red light on my motherboard right next to the graphics card location. I am guessing this is an issue with the graphics card.

My graphics card is a 570 GTX and my motherboard is a Asus P8P67 Pro.

What would be the best thing to do to figure out what is wrong?
a b U Graphics card
August 23, 2012 6:31:44 PM

Does your motherboard have a inbuilt graphics card chip? try hooking up your monitor to that and see if you still get the problem? Did this problem just happen one day, or is intermittent?
m
l
a b U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
August 23, 2012 7:00:01 PM

adam_x_brookes said:
Does your motherboard have a inbuilt graphics card chip? try hooking up your monitor to that and see if you still get the problem? Did this problem just happen one day, or is intermittent?

since he's got 1155 motherboard, he should have at least some form of igp on his cpu...

Does the GPU fan spin up when you turn no the computer? and plug your monitor into the motherboard video slot and see if there's signal.

m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
August 23, 2012 7:21:05 PM

You did not state if the graphics card is new or not but do you have the PCI-E power cables plugged into the 570 GTX?
m
l
a c 87 U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
August 23, 2012 7:38:48 PM

P67 motherboards automatically disable the Sandy/Ivy Bridge IGPs. They don't support integrated graphics like the H, Z, and I think Q series do. I recommend testing the graphics card in another computer (if possible) and testing another graphics card in your computer (if possible). This should at least tell you if the graphics card is part of the problem beyond a doubt.
m
l
August 24, 2012 6:25:43 PM

blazorthon said:
P67 motherboards automatically disable the Sandy/Ivy Bridge IGPs. They don't support integrated graphics like the H, Z, and I think Q series do. I recommend testing the graphics card in another computer (if possible) and testing another graphics card in your computer (if possible). This should at least tell you if the graphics card is part of the problem beyond a doubt.

At the moment, I don't have another graphics card to try and use. Any other option?
m
l
August 24, 2012 6:25:59 PM

bryonhowley said:
You did not state if the graphics card is new or not but do you have the PCI-E power cables plugged into the 570 GTX?

Not new. Got it back in April 2011. All the power cables are plugged in.
m
l
a c 87 U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
August 24, 2012 6:29:41 PM

Mystery Man said:
At the moment, I don't have another graphics card to try and use. Any other option?

Can you at least test the graphics card in another system?
m
l
August 27, 2012 4:21:12 AM

blazorthon said:
Can you at least test the graphics card in another system?

Sadly, no. Am I out of luck right now?
m
l
a c 87 U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
August 27, 2012 4:47:06 AM

Sorry to say this, but it would seem that way.
m
l
!