Sign in with
Your question

General setting for using max ram

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
March 1, 2013 8:54:33 AM

mobo=asus CROSSHAIR V FORMULA
cpu=AMD FX-8350 Vishera 4.0GHz (4.2GHz Turbo) will over clock to 5ghz
ram=G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 14900)
hdd=100gb x2 rpm 5400 set on raid for O.S. "computer runs 24/7
HDD 2 = will have 3 TB x4 but for now 1TB
video card is 2 sli card non-game for now older pulls
internet is set up for online duel modems each running at 40dn 6up don't ask how on residential set up on Comcast. have skydive, Azure, MSDN account.
I think thats everything to get this started if you need to know more ask away

I want to run for os thinking win8 in a ramdisk completely so the image will stay in the ram no write other then hourly back-ups. I do some VS2012 work so one reson to use 8 and not server 2012 metro title is not in server2012 i guess :non: 
asking why AMD ,,,price and the use of the cores for working with VM
this is a new build with old parts till i can buy new things right now one 32 inch screen will be adding up to 6 32 in screens so right now its going to run all in ram its cheap water cooled

The mobo will be here today with the new bios flash. So this is my first build from 1999 when the frist ever thats right 1G cpu A-BIT amd k9 i always had the send the mobo in to get it fixed. "over heated" but it was fun... so i bought Intel laptops "Asus" 5 in the house. They are all set up on a Mash wireless for the back bone now. I love plying around with the new things. I only have $600.00 spent on this thing. So i real hate to mess anything up. If you can help let me know what i should do next t/y
March 5, 2013 9:43:16 AM

well i got 4.42gz out of it so far. the flash drive will need to be a windows to go set up. i am using hdtv and it will not post video using hdmi cable so use a vga to post then switch to hdmi which is a pain. bios is 1703 i wish i could find a better way to use the hdtv ? also anyone know how to set the bios for the best overclock?
m
l
!