Closed Solved

Is a GTX 570 up to the task

Would a GTX 570, paired with an I5 2500k be able to play most games on high/ultra settings? I would be using a 22 or 23 inch monitor at 1920X1080.
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about task
  1. Best answer
    Yes, it would be able.
    But, if do not have the card yet, why not consider the GTX 660 Ti? Isn't cheaper, but have a performance higher than the GTX 580 (that it's a good amount better than GTX 570)

EDIT: GTX 660Ti is coming with borderlands 2. If you wants to buy the game and didn't buy yet, then the $60 game value brings the GTX 660Ti to the same price as GTX 570.
  2. You'd be limited by the 1.25 gigs of vram pretty badly in the very near future...

But to answer your question: Yes you can.
  3. vitornob said:
    Yes, it would be able.
    But, if do not have the card yet, why not consider the GTX 660 Ti? Isn't cheaper, but have a performance higher than the GTX 580 (that it's a good amount better than GTX 570)

EDIT: GTX 660Ti is coming with borderlands 2. If you wants to buy the game and didn't buy yet, then the $60 game value brings the GTX 660Ti to the same price as GTX 570.

Oops didn't mean to do best answer yet. Well I wasn't going to go with the 570 but I found one pretty cheap only 255 dollars with a rebate, it's even less than some of the 560ti's which are going for 270+.
  4. Best answer selected by blueskyp51.
  5. killerhurtalot said:
    You'd be limited by the 1.25 gigs of vram pretty badly in the very near future...

But to answer your question: Yes you can.

Since when is 1.2 gigs to small. I was under the impression that for most games 1.2 gigs is more than enough dedicated memory.
  6. blueskyp51 said:
    Since when is 1.2 gigs to small. I was under the impression that for most games 1.2 gigs is more than enough dedicated memory.

1.2 gigs is pretty small by today's standards when gaming at 1080p... it's pretty easy to use up 1-1.2 GB of vram usage with the more demanding games when playing on high settings at 1080p....

1.5-2 gigs is the sweet spot now for 1080p gaming in the next couple of years.
  7. Check out the EVGA model with 2.5GB VRAM, if you can find one for the same price as the 1.2GB, get it.

I have no problems running VRAM hungry games like Crysis 2 and Max Payne 3 at full settings.
  8. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia Gtx Games Intel i5 Graphics