Hearing an odd audio frequency sound through audio port when shutting

justskate22

Honorable
Aug 23, 2012
I just recently installed the new 660 ti and a new 850w PSU into my system, and ever since whenever i get done gaming for about an hour or more, and decide to shut down, my computer makes an odd almost squeak noise through the audio right as its shutting off. Does anyone know what could be causeing this? I've been having no problems with audio performance while the computer is in use whatsoever, it's only when i power down...

justskate22

Honorable
Aug 23, 2012
My speakers are connected to RCA, i also have a headset that i use in the front audio ports. If i have my headset connected, i can hear the frequency sound right to the headset, almost like the sound of tuning an old radio. Just a quick squeak type sound.

justskate22

Honorable
Aug 23, 2012
IM using onboard audio with my speakers, but the headset i use is connected to the front panel audio. Its seems so far that i only hear this odd sound through the headset when i power down. I can even hear it if i only have the usb power plugged in from my headset. It's a turtle beach headset so it requires power from usb.... Could it have anything to do with the new psu im using? Sending an odd jolt to the front panel?

justskate22

Honorable
Aug 23, 2012
Alright, ive narrowed it down to the fact that it is ONLY my turtle beach headset that will make this noise, when connected to front panel OR rear audio from motherboard. Odd thing is that it never did this before upgrading the power supply and graphics card...

justskate22

Honorable
Aug 23, 2012

I tried swapping out my graphics cards to see if i would still get the noise, turns out i dont get the noise with my older card in the system... could it be that the nvidia card just works oddly with the headset?