Sign in with
Your question

Cooler master hyper evo 212

Last response: in Components
March 1, 2013 1:19:50 PM

Hello,

I just received my cooler master hyper 212 evo and my two cougar HDB 120mm fans. I took off the stock fan from the H212, and screwed one of my fans on the other two mounting brackets i received in the package for the H212. When I put on my own fan on the heat sink, it slides down. I looked at it a bit, and i tightened the screws as tight as possible, but it still slides down. It looks like the bracket is a bit to "Big". Has anyone else had this problem?
Any input would be appreciated
Thanks!
March 1, 2013 1:32:13 PM

It is not clear to me which screws you tightened down.
It looks like the fans are held to the cooler by clips.

I do not own the evo, but it sounds like not a big problem that could be resolved in several ways.

1. Put a piece of friction tape between the clip and the cooler to keep it from sliding.

2. Put a peg, like a toothpick or golf tee through the fan mounting holes and then between the cooling fins to keep the fan from sliding down.
March 2, 2013 2:02:23 AM

are you talking about the other mount that came with the heatsink? if so no I don't have that problem on mine. a piece of tape beneath the plastic bracket that colds the mount to the heatsink would probably help though.
!