I have XP Pro the cd-rom and burner is listed but when I put a cd in either
one it don't play or even show up even if I try run>and browse through to
the drives nothing.

Probably you've run into the infamous 'disappearing CD drives' problem

See Alex Nichol's excellent article at
http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpcd.php#problems

Cari
www.coribright.com

"D" <D@NOWHERE .COM> wrote in message
>I have XP Pro the cd-rom and burner is listed but when I put a cd in either
> one it don't play or even show up even if I try run>and browse through to
> the drives nothing.

I try that and it didn't work for me any thing else I can try I think it's
a Microsoft problems from what I've been seeing in different news groups it
happens a lot
> Probably you've run into the infamous 'disappearing CD drives' problem
>
> See Alex Nichol's excellent article at
> http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpcd.php#problems
>
> Cari
> www.coribright.com
>
> "D" <D@NOWHERE .COM> wrote in message
> >I have XP Pro the cd-rom and burner is listed but when I put a cd in
either
> > one it don't play or even show up even if I try run>and browse through
> > the drives nothing.

And Alex Nichol's fix solves 99.9% of the problems. So it sounds to me like
your drive itself has failed.

>I try that and it didn't work for me any thing else I can try I think it's
> a Microsoft problems from what I've been seeing in different news groups
> it
> happens a lot
> "Cari (MS-MVP)" <Newsgroups1@coribright.com> wrote in message
>> Probably you've run into the infamous 'disappearing CD drives' problem
>>
>> See Alex Nichol's excellent article at
>> http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpcd.php#problems
>>
>> Cari
>> www.coribright.com
>>
>> "D" <D@NOWHERE .COM> wrote in message
>> >I have XP Pro the cd-rom and burner is listed but when I put a cd in
> either
>> > one it don't play or even show up even if I try run>and browse through
>> > the drives nothing.

They both the burner and the cd-rom at the same time they both work last
week it would be odd for both to go at the same time wouldn't it
> And Alex Nichol's fix solves 99.9% of the problems. So it sounds to me
like
> your drive itself has failed.
>
> Cari
> www.coribright.com
>
> "D" <D@NOWHERE .COM> wrote in message
> >I try that and it didn't work for me any thing else I can try I think
it's
> > a Microsoft problems from what I've been seeing in different news groups
> > it
> > happens a lot
> > "Cari (MS-MVP)" <Newsgroups1@coribright.com> wrote in message
> >> Probably you've run into the infamous 'disappearing CD drives' problem
> >>
> >> See Alex Nichol's excellent article at
> >> http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpcd.php#problems
> >>
> >> Cari
> >> www.coribright.com
> >>
> >> "D" <D@NOWHERE .COM> wrote in message
> > either

Do they show up in the BIOS? Are all the cables securely in the back of the
drives?

> They both the burner and the cd-rom at the same time they both work last
> week it would be odd for both to go at the same time wouldn't it

They show up and the cables are in tight