Need help about Voltage / Overheating

Zepa

Honorable
Mar 1, 2013
Hey guys Im having problems and I need your help. Anyways my computer is overheating and I dont know whats causing that problem (I will clean it from dust tomorrow but I think thats not the problem...) My CPU is Q9550 and Im using stock fan (never had problems so far...) but temps are very high here is picture -
http://i45.tinypic.com/2cz3249.png
(I was running it for 30mins only Mozzila and like 5 mins skype)

Another question is my CPU Voltage ok ? i srsly need help so... Thanks

Cygnus x-1

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2011
Your CPU voltage isn't high at all. Your temps might be coming from the fan being loose or an excessive amount of dust on the heatsink. What's disconcerning is what the 12v rail is reporting at 8 something volts. Your psu might be dying, or you're getting bad readings not sure. It's possible under load the psu is spiking the voltage to the CPU if its faulty. Under load what does CPU-z say the voltage is?

As your CPU is very old and I assume you haven't remounted it lately, then it might be the thermal paste drying. If you don't got fresh thermal paste, then you will experience high temperatures. Try remounting the cooler with proper thermal paste, like Arctic Silver 5. :)

Zepa

Honorable
Mar 1, 2013
Sorry for late replay guys... Everything with voltage is ok Im cleaning it from dust tomorrow and I will post resultats