Video card overheating problem.

Huski

Honorable
Aug 23, 2012
Hello everyone!

I recently got a new PC, as I was building it, I decided to buy an ATI Radeon HD 4870.
So, I was quite glad that I finally got a new PC and decided to do some testing. So, I reinstalled BF3, Started up the game. Played for a couple of minutes in campaign and this kept crashing. I decided to do some research and thought it was the Realtek HD Audio Driver. I was skeptical.

Nothing was working so I decided to use the Catalyst control panel to monitor the Video cards temperature.

So, I started up the campaign, and put the control panel by my side. I played for a bit. It rose to around 116 degrees. I then decided to restart the mission and while the cutscene played it went to around 98 degrees. It rose again to 107 degrees and then it froze and crashed the display driver along with the game as well.

Is it normal for the video card to heat this fast? Does the driver usually crash at high temperatures?

Please note, I tried raising the fan speed to the max, Doesn't seem to work.

Thanks in advance!

robustus64

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2011
:eek: No its not normal and you may want to check to see if vid card fan is spinning and check case airflow!! right away i would nt even run it with those temps till u get it fixed to be honest your gonna burn something up...