4870 x2 Wont Boot

Tags:
  • Radeon
  • Boot
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 23, 2012 10:46:14 PM

Greetings Everyone,

I'm running a 4870 X2 and I can't seem to get it to boot. I'm running it with a TX750 which is on the recommended PSU list...

The system boots up fine with on-board graphics, used driver sweeper to erase any previous drivers and also did a fresh re-install from getting frustrated. When I go to bootup my system with it in it, the LED lighsts are green solid across the bored.... No red lights, etc and the fan powers up.. goes a little higher RPM then goes back down to low and stays there, no out put on the screen. I've tried multiple monitors, on different computers and the such... Does anyone know what the issue is?

More about : 4870 wont boot

August 23, 2012 10:47:50 PM

Try to go into the BIOS and change the settings to use the discrete GPU as opposed to the onboard.
m
l
August 23, 2012 11:01:58 PM

Well if its enabled in the BIOS and you have the power supply for it, I'd have to think of why.

Maybe reset your CMOS. Take out the watch looking battery for about a minute, and then put it back in.
m
l
Related resources
August 23, 2012 11:02:47 PM

Onboard graphics were disabled and PCI slots enabled, didn't see a option to directly pick which graphics to use. Still having the same issue, fan starts up high, then goes down a level, then down another and stays there with no output.
m
l
August 23, 2012 11:12:23 PM

The battery won't come out - It is a Dell Precision desktop, not a high-end gaming motherboard. But it has a very good quad core xenon processor in it with 16GB DDR3 RAM.
m
l
August 23, 2012 11:48:27 PM

Just tested it in another system, same issue.
m
l
!