Sign in with
Your question
Closed

My ATI 5570 graphics card isn't working anymore?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 23, 2012 11:20:20 PM

I installed Windows 8 preview release and everything worked fine til somehow I pushed the computer case and it fell all over the desk and caused the PC monitor and speakers to fall too. I picked up everything and respositioned them. I started the computer case and the computer seemed to be working and even the keyboard NumLock button responded but there was nothing on the screen. I connected my Xbox to the monitor and it seemed to be working fine. After a few attempts it worked again but I had to restart the PC a few times. Today it didn't work and I tried restarting with no good results, I was afraid to ruin the operation system files so I had to open the computer case to see what's wrong with it. It was full of dust and I cleaned it a little bit with a few tissues because I don't have compressed air can and don't know where can I get in Cairo, Egypt. The dust seemed to be not the issue, PC monitor, motherboard nor the hard disk. I remembered that I have built-in graphics card so I plugged in the VGA cable and it worked but I don't think that It can run my video games so what can I do to fix the graphics card? And If I need a new one, can you please state a graphics card that would run the latest video games like Battlefield 3, Crysis 3 and GTA V on the highest graphics with more details on the required power supply and motherboard for it? Thanks a lot.
August 23, 2012 11:30:42 PM

Hello Lad,
Unfortunately, I think that Your integrated graphics card is dead. Bad that it's integrated. By Your requirements of running Battlefield 3, Crysis 3 and GTA V on the highest graphics I recommend you these VGAs:
Gigabyte AMD Radeon HD 7950 3GB GDDR5
EVGA GeForce GTX 660Ti SUPERCLOCKED 2048MB
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 670 Windforce OC 2048MB
All VGAs cost about 300$
Score
a c 1363 U Graphics card
August 23, 2012 11:31:00 PM

Reseat the card in the slot! If it works consider yourself lucky!
Score
Related resources
August 24, 2012 1:05:32 AM

Maybe this would sound a surprise for you but those still expensive for me. The first one costs about 2300 Egyptian pounds which is 377 USD. Don't think my Dad gets paid the same as you do in the United States. That's because our currency is screwed and 1 EPG doesn't mean much compared to 1 USD.

So do you have any other options for me? If not, I'll tell you my current specs to see If it's going to work with one of those cards.

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM2 Duo CPU E8290 @ 2.83GHz 2.83 GHz
Installed memory (RAM): 4.00 GB
System type: 64-bit Operation System

PS: EVEREST didn't show up my motherboard information nor the power supply.
Score
August 25, 2012 7:47:04 PM

Anyone?
Score
August 27, 2012 1:15:23 AM

???????
Score
!